The Student Room Group

Year 13 student- Can never seem to do work after school as I’m always tired?

Any advice on how to motivate yourself to work after school on school days as I find I only work during frees but at home can’t get much done.
Does anyone have a timetable of their after school work structure? Any advice would help. Thanks
Reply 1
Could you not just stay behind at school instead?
Reply 2
Totally agree, I'm so tired when I get home. It's ridiculous.
Original post by Sinnoh
Could you not just stay behind at school instead?

I don’t live near school or else I would do this, it takes me 1.5-2hrs to get home sometimes. I was also thinking of going to my local library but I’d have to bring my laptop and my bag would be so heavy with all my school+ revision books. Sorry for the rant but yeah
Original post by cakt-us
Totally agree, I'm so tired when I get home. It's ridiculous.

Literally all I want to do is lay down, I would go to my local library but they close at 5pm most school days so there’s no point
Reply 5
Original post by TheFlash2024
Literally all I want to do is lay down, I would go to my local library but they close at 5pm most school days so there’s no point

I have a similarly long commute. I am honestly exhausted. Teachers have been ramping up our homework in preparation for mocks (January), and I'm running behind on English coursework and other homeworks. Also working on History coursework at the same time. I am so overwhelmed rn omg.

Quick Reply

Latest