The Student Room Group

Edge Hill University A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by YoungEmrys
Just to clarify- did you have a UCAT of 2620 and get rejected? Or was the threshold 2620?

Sorry! Basically threshold was 2620 and I was indeed below it :frown:. Anyone above, I guess will automatically progress onto next stage.

Good luck for those above the threshold, hope you all smash it!
Original post by Leaf.
No sorry for any confusion, I actually forgot what my ucat was, I just assumed my average was higher than 2650 but actually it isn’t meaning my ucat was lower than 660 :frown:

Ah okay, best of luck with rest of your unis!! You’ve got this :smile:
Original post by Leaf.
Sorry! Basically threshold was 2620 and I was indeed below it :frown:. Anyone above, I guess will automatically progress onto next stage.

Good luck for those above the threshold, hope you all smash it!

Thank you very much, wishing you all the best with your other applications!
I've copy & pasted Edge Hill's selection process below. Is it safe to assume from this (& the bits in bold) that everyone who has a UCAT of over 2620 will be invited to interview?

Stage 1: Application Screening Against the Standard Academic Criteria
All applications will be screened to determine whether they meet the standard academic criteria. Applications which do not meet the minimum eligibility and academic criteria will not be progressed to the next stage.

Stage 2: UCAT Ranking
Applicants who meet the minimum academic criteria will be ranked according to their UCAT scores. A UCAT threshold will be set depending on the number of interviews to be held.
Applicants who meet the UCAT threshold will be invited to interview.

Stage 3: Interview
All candidates who progress from stage 2 will be required to attend interview.
Reply 44
I would assume so but I'm not sure how thy processed applicants last year. Does anyone know when invites for interview came out in previous years?
Reply 45
Original post by Fl0wer
I would assume so but I'm not sure how thy processed applicants last year. Does anyone know when invites for interview came out in previous years?

December was when interviews came out last year.
Original post by YoungEmrys
I've copy & pasted Edge Hill's selection process below. Is it safe to assume from this (& the bits in bold) that everyone who has a UCAT of over 2620 will be invited to interview?

Stage 1: Application Screening Against the Standard Academic Criteria
All applications will be screened to determine whether they meet the standard academic criteria. Applications which do not meet the minimum eligibility and academic criteria will not be progressed to the next stage.

Stage 2: UCAT Ranking
Applicants who meet the minimum academic criteria will be ranked according to their UCAT scores. A UCAT threshold will be set depending on the number of interviews to be held.
Applicants who meet the UCAT threshold will be invited to interview.

Stage 3: Interview
All candidates who progress from stage 2 will be required to attend interview.

I would assume so, and if that were the case then I'd be invited (UCAT 2780). But if it were ordered that simply, surely the interviews would be sent out earlier? (considering the threshold is already set in stone)
wait, so some rejections have already been sent out? : (
Original post by mjay738
wait, so some rejections have already been sent out? : (

Yep :frown: apparently the cut off is 2620
Original post by goldensky
Yep :frown: apparently the cut off is 2620

oh, wow. thank you
Original post by epicgamer100
I would assume so, and if that were the case then I'd be invited (UCAT 2780). But if it were ordered that simply, surely the interviews would be sent out earlier? (considering the threshold is already set in stone)

I don't think that'd necessarily be the case because they still need to rank applicants who've met the threshold so they can confirm the order they interview in, sort out dates for each interview etc so who knows.
Hii, does anyone know if Edge Hill send their interviews in batches, all at once, or rolling? :smile:
I got an interview!!
I got an interview!!

Congrats!! What are your stats?
I got an interview too!!
Original post by Halima18
I got an interview too!!

congrats as well :biggrin: what about ur stats?
I got an interview!!

Congratulations, thats amazing!!

I got an interview too!!

Well done!!

would you both mind sharing your stats - only if comfortable ofc! esp your UCAT if you dont mind :smile:
Original post by epicgamer100
Congrats!! What are your stats?

Thank you :smile:!
UCAT: 2660 B2
Achieved 3A*
I got an interview too!!

Congrats🥳!! When’s yours?
Thank you :smile:!
UCAT: 2660 B2
Achieved 3A*

ay congratulations! whens your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending