The Student Room Group

Pads

So.. I've always worn pads during the day even if I don't have my period, I always get discharge and i find it better to wear a pad for it. My question is.. How long can you wear a pad for? I keep getting sore stomachs and I don't know if its cause of that?

Sorry! Thanks for anyones help.
it depends
It's hygienic to change pads every few hours. Get panty liners for everyday use.
Reply 3
A whole pad or do you mean just a liner? Theres really no reason to use a pad just for discharge. Pads arent breathable and bacteria can build up (which means you still shouldnt be wearing it for longer than 4-6 hours), and its rather expensive. As the above suggests, look into panty liners.
Reply 4
Original post by Foxehh
A whole pad or do you mean just a liner? Theres really no reason to use a pad just for discharge. Pads arent breathable and bacteria can build up (which means you still shouldnt be wearing it for longer than 4-6 hours), and its rather expensive. As the above suggests, look into panty liners.

Its more like a normal flow pads the ones you just stick on with no wings or any thing, I just hate the feeling of discharge. But I will look into panty liners!
Original post by Anonymous
So.. I've always worn pads during the day even if I don't have my period, I always get discharge and i find it better to wear a pad for it. My question is.. How long can you wear a pad for? I keep getting sore stomachs and I don't know if its cause of that?

Sorry! Thanks for anyones help.

If you are wearing pads daily then you should seek some medical advise from your GP and you can discussed this with them,
If your stomach hurts outwith your periods then you best seeing your GP ( a registered midwife ) just to be safe okay.

Pads should be changed regular (( about every 4 hours or more often if things are bad) but like few others said try panty liners .
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest