The Student Room Group

I have Depression

I am 25 yrs old and my life is a mess

I currently suffer from depression, I guess the constant job rejections has actually made me depressed.

I don't think my work is the problem of why I'm constantly rejected but I guess it's of who I am. I've started to view myself as "a waste of space" of this world because I am an introvert and I have a calm, shy and chilled-out personality and people in this world don't people like me.

They prefer the bubbly or outgoing type. I've tried to changed to become more bubbly but it's just exhausting.

I gave myself a small break from applying to work, to focus on my mental health. I started applying again even though I don't feel 100% ready, but I guess I didn't want to lose my interviewing techniques.

I've also applied to volunteering work, just to get confidence and to meet people...I always lacked confidence in myself.

I'm still depressed, whenever I talk to my grandmother. We would have a laugh but now it's just so awkward and theres a lot of small talk.

Do you have any advice of how to not feel depressed?
Original post by Anonymous

I currently suffer from depression, I guess the constant job rejections has actually made me depressed.

I don't think my work is the problem of why I'm constantly rejected but I guess it's of who I am. I've started to view myself as "a waste of space" of this world because I am an introvert and I have a calm, shy and chilled-out personality and people in this world don't people like me.

They prefer the bubbly or outgoing type. I've tried to changed to become more bubbly but it's just exhausting.

I gave myself a small break from applying to work, to focus on my mental health. I started applying again even though I don't feel 100% ready, but I guess I didn't want to lose my interviewing techniques.

I've also applied to volunteering work, just to get confidence and to meet people...I always lacked confidence in myself.

I'm still depressed, whenever I talk to my grandmother. We would have a laugh but now it's just so awkward and theres a lot of small talk.

What have you done the past few years? How are you earning a living? What skills have you got?
Reply 2
What have you done the past few years? How are you earning a living? What skills have you got?

I had a head injury and seizures so I had to take time out. I'm fully recovered and I'm now trying to get a job or graduate job.

I think i feel the same to,ive heard getting proffesional is the best thing to do

Quick Reply

Latest