The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Social Work MA

Hi,
I am looking to apply for the Social Work MA to start in 2022.
Would any current students be able to give me an idea of the amount of study/contact time there is each day? I know the placements are full time.
Many thanks,
Lisa
Original post by lisa.the.midwife
Hi,
Would any current students be able to give me an idea of the amount of study/contact time there is each day? I know the placements are full time.
Many thanks,
Lisa

Hey @Lisa,

Great question. I will try and find someone on the course for some more information if you would like. From the Social Work MA course page here, under course structure you can find the modules you would be studying on the course. Clicking these will give you further information on study hours and modes of assessments. For example, a compulsory module on Research Methods and Dissertation has 32 contact hours and 568 private study hours throughout the term - but don't forget there may be extra time on top of this for meeting with supervisors and other modules may have group work.

I hope this helped! :biggrin:
Nathan
UKC Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by lisa.the.midwife
Hi,
Many thanks,
Lisa

Hello, sorry I can’t help, I just wanted to say hello as a fellow applicant! Have you heard back from your application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending