The Student Room Group

Has anyone 16-17 years old been offered and had their second Covid vaccine dose?

Last week I had a letter offering a second covid vaccine dose. My age is 16 years 10 months and I had my first dose on August 31st but I've been classed in a more vulnerable category so I think I've been offered it earlier than most people my age. I've tried both of my local walk-in pharmacies (I live in a fairly rural area) but they both said they didn't have any Pfizer doses and gave me little idea as to when they'd be able to vaccinate me. Is anyone in a similar situation to me?
Original post by Anonymous
Last week I had a letter offering a second covid vaccine dose. My age is 16 years 10 months and I had my first dose on August 31st but I've been classed in a more vulnerable category so I think I've been offered it earlier than most people my age. I've tried both of my local walk-in pharmacies (I live in a fairly rural area) but they both said they didn't have any Pfizer doses and gave me little idea as to when they'd be able to vaccinate me. Is anyone in a similar situation to me?

I'm 19 so it's a bit different, but you're not at a huge risk for dying from covid (especially with your first vaccine the odds are even lower) if that's what you're worried about!

Either way, the chance to get it will come soon for you as I got it at 19 about 2/3 months ago. Perhaps contact your GP for more detail cause pharmacies that do walk ins will probably just want you out so they can vax the age groups they've been told to.
well when i went they told me i was due for my second but I had to be 17 years and 9 months 🤦🏽*♀️ and travelled like 25 mins to bloody Bedford for nothing 🤣.
but isn't there a new rule??
but yh if ur like vulnerable then u can have it earlier
I had my first one towards the end of August, and had my second one 8 weeks later. I’m under 17 and 9 months and have no pre-existing conditions.

Just turned up to a walk in centre after 8 weeks (when the official guidance said I wasn’t meant to have it) and got it.

You should be able to get it, maybe call 119 and ask? There’s also the ‘find a walk in covid vaccine centre’ website, but it doesn’t even show the mass vaccination centres here. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest