The Student Room Group

Health problems

I drank 4% alcohol at my university and I lost consciousness really briefly but I had to be carried to my room and put in recovery position. I was by one of the girls carrying me that looked like a body. I'm really concerned about my health. What do you suggest that I do?
I would suggest cutting down on your drinking
Original post by Anonymous
I drank 4% alcohol at my university and I lost consciousness really briefly but I had to be carried to my room and put in recovery position. I was by one of the girls carrying me that looked like a body. I'm really concerned about my health. What do you suggest that I do?

Drinking too much alcohol could soon hit you like a ton of bricks. It is fine to drink responsibly but getting to the point of losing consciousness is very dangerous for your health and also safety including sexual assault.
4% alcohol, so beer or weak cider?

I'm a bit confused as to why you are telling us what the alcohol percentage was rather than how much you drank. If you only drank a small amount, then passing out would be unusual and it could possibly be a sign that something is wrong, I guess? If you drank pints and pints, then yes, passing out is one of the things which happens when you get blind drunk. Since you didn't die at the time, you will be fine from that one occurrence. If you do it regularly, then yes, there are health implications.
Reply 4
I don't know the exact name of the alcoholic drink but I don't normally drink alcohol so and I can't remember the exact name of the drink.
Reply 5
I'm also unsure of how much alcohol I had to drink
I don't know the exact name of the alcoholic drink but I don't normally drink alcohol so and I can't remember the exact name of the drink.

I also
I'm also unsure of how much alcohol I had to drink

I also

you don't HAVE to drink any
Reply 7
Huh? What's that supposed to mean
It's supposed to mean that you don't have to drink yourself unconscious. No one is making you, you are choosing to do it yourself.

So you drank yourself into a stupor to the extent that you can't remember what you drank or how much. Bit odd that you can remember the exact ABV value, but memory is a funny thing.

It has no health consequences since you already didn't die before you even woke up (which would have been unlucky, but does happen). But you asked what people suggested - isn't not doing it again kinda obvious?
Are you talking about an alcoholic beverage or alcohol for laboratory usage ( in which case you have the percentage wrong imo)?

Quick Reply