The Student Room Group

Alevel PE

Why is alevel PE not credited, I want to take it alongside geography and biology but people have put me off it. I’m now considering maths as an alternative even though it will be so much harder for me
Original post by lozzabragan
Why is alevel PE not credited, I want to take it alongside geography and biology but people have put me off it. I’m now considering maths as an alternative even though it will be so much harder for me

It depends on what you want to do at uni, because PE is in reality a mix of lots of different subjects when you look at the papers (it includes biology, sociology, psychology, some history etc.) it's not regarded as specific enough for most academic courses. If you want to do something related like physiotherapy or sports science then by all means take it.

PE to maths is a very weird jump, surely there's another subject you could take if you're adamant about not taking PE.
What do you want to study at uni? take maths if you're willing to put in the work, it opens many doors.
Original post by summerbirdreads
What do you want to study at uni? take maths if you're willing to put in the work, it opens many doors.

That is why I was on the fence with PE, I have absolutely no idea what I want to do at uni which is why I was concerned about closing doors for myself. Would you say I have the ability for a level maths though, I achieved a grade 6 in my year 10 mocks but I am predicted a 7.
That is why I was on the fence with PE, I have absolutely no idea what I want to do at uni which is why I was concerned about closing doors for myself. Would you say I have the ability for a level maths though, I achieved a grade 6 in my year 10 mocks but I am predicted a 7.

You're in year 11?
Original post by Shimmeringorbs
It depends on what you want to do at uni, because PE is in reality a mix of lots of different subjects when you look at the papers (it includes biology, sociology, psychology, some history etc.) it's not regarded as specific enough for most academic courses. If you want to do something related like physiotherapy or sports science then by all means take it.

PE to maths is a very weird jump, surely there's another subject you could take if you're adamant about not taking PE.

I think the idea of maths was just because it keeps doors open in the future, it is relevant to many courses in comparison to PE. Especially with the fact I have no idea or plans for the future.
Original post by summerbirdreads
You're in year 11?

Yes
Yes

Then practice everyday, you can get a higher grade and then do A-level maths.

Quick Reply

Latest