The Student Room Group

Taking a gap year and meet the contextual offer.Would I be considered?

I achieved AAB in Maths Psychology English and A* EPQ and I am taking a gap year and reapplying (didn't realise I was eligible to virtually every uni and exceeded my math predictions) for Economics.

Im thinking of applying to: (contextual offers)
Durham (ABB)
Bristol (AAB)
Kings College London (AAB)
Manchester (AAB)
Sheffield (ABB)

and meet all their contextual requirements, so I'm asking is would I be considered having already done my A-Levels or is a contextual offer only for predicted? Thank You :smile:
Original post by Elation
I achieved AAB in Maths Psychology English and A* EPQ and I am taking a gap year and reapplying (didn't realise I was eligible to virtually every uni and exceeded my math predictions) for Economics.

Im thinking of applying to: (contextual offers)
Durham (ABB)
Bristol (AAB)
Kings College London (AAB)
Manchester (AAB)
Sheffield (ABB)

and meet all their contextual requirements, so I'm asking is would I be considered having already done my A-Levels or is a contextual offer only for predicted? Thank You :smile:

Contextual offer would still apply for achieved grades.

Each Uni may have its own contextual criteria, so if you haven’t checked already, look at all of their contextual offer info pages.
Usually Unis will consider someone on a gap year dor contextual offers - Bristol certianly does - but as above, just check with each Uni first so that you are certain.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Contextual offer would still apply for achieved grades.

Each Uni may have its own contextual criteria, so if you haven’t checked already, look at all of their contextual offer info pages.

thank you, and yes I have checked with each uni I will be applying to. Also, would it be unrealistic to only apply to unis that I meet the contextual offers only?
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Usually Unis will consider someone on a gap year dor contextual offers - Bristol certianly does - but as above, just check with each Uni first so that you are certain.

WIll do thanks, ill have to email Durham and KCL as they don't clearly state it but yea Bristol and Manchester clearly stated on their contextual pages
Original post by Elation
thank you, and yes I have checked with each uni I will be applying to. Also, would it be unrealistic to only apply to unis that I meet the contextual offers only?

No, not at all. The above selection is sensible for someone with achieved grades.
Reply 6
No, not at all. The above selection is sensible for someone with achieved grades.

thank you so much. I understand economics and the unis I'm applying to are competitive so I was wondering. Hopefully I get into Durham as my 1st choice.
Reply 7

hey guys, I know you all probably won't care lol but I just want to say thanks for raising my confidence and going through with my choices. just today I got unconditional offers from Durham and Edinburgh :smile:
Original post by Elation
hey guys, I know you all probably won't care lol but I just want to say thanks for raising my confidence and going through with my choices. just today I got unconditional offers from Durham and Edinburgh :smile:

Nice!

I definitely do care, it’s great to hear a positive update :smile:
Original post by Elation
I know you all probably won't care

I always care about folk who ask for advice - congratulations on those offers!
Original post by Elation

Hey congratulations!
I just wanted to ask if Kings gave a contextual offer after a gap year as im thinking of doing the same.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending