The Student Room Group

does he want to break up with me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ROTL94
No, but you're basically talking to a brick wall.

Hence why i did not reply back
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
No point in sugarcoating the problem

Agreed
Reply 62
Original post by Lacrimosa1
That's great to hear!
Not so well, unfortunately. Parents have been over-controlling

sorry to hear that :/
Original post by Talkative Toad
dang the brutal honesty, thinking the exact same thing. I personally don't want to have kids either, so no point in me being with someone who absolutely wants to have kids.

here's the thing tho, i feel like he's not 100% honest with me about the whole thing.
Original post by Ciel.
sorry to hear that :/

here's the thing tho, i feel like he's not 100% honest with me about the whole thing.

Yes but based on all of your threads talking about him (which is in the dozens now), it is clear that you don't have a good relationship with him (i.e it's Hella Toxic) and you're only with him because he financially supports you (not going to say what the name for that is but should know it).

As others keep telling you the best solution would be to break up (like I never give advice in this Sub forum but even I'm able to see when a relationship is just not working), fulfil your artistic passion whether that's through a job or whatever and maybe find someone else who loves you for who you really are (that you won't financially rely on this time of course or vice versa). Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but sometimes brutal honesty is the only right answer and as Vamps says, there's no point in sugarcoating the problem as @ROTL94 implies, there's no point in asking for advice if you're never going to take that advice (i.e if you're like me stubborn like me and always get upset when things don't go my way) or venting if each time you get annoyed when ≈50%+ of the replies don't take your side.
Yes but based on all of your threads talking about him (which is in the dozens now), it is clear that you don't have a good relationship with him (i.e it's Hella Toxic) and you're only with him because he financially supports you (not going to say what the name for that is but should know it).

As others keep telling you the best solution would be to break up (like I never give advice in this Sub forum but even I'm able to see when a relationship is just not working), fulfil your artistic passion whether that's through a job or whatever and maybe find someone else who loves you for who you really are (that you won't financially rely on this time of course or vice versa). Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but sometimes brutal honesty is the only right answer and as Vamps says, there's no point in sugarcoating the problem as @ROTL94 implies, there's no point in asking for advice if you're never going to take that advice (i.e if you're like me stubborn like me and always get upset when things don't go my way) or venting if each time you get annoyed when ≈50%+ of the replies don't take your side.

Looks like im not the only brutally honest person here 😂
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Looks like im not the only brutally honest person here 😂

Wanted to say this like a year ago but too cowardly to say it. Notice how I've refrained from using the term for it as it adds nothing to the thread and is unhelpful but nevertheless is true.
yeah i agree
Reply 67

i don't get annoyed. i'm just tired of it all
Original post by Ciel.
i don't get annoyed. i'm just tired of it all

then you should find someone who truly loves you for who you are? sorry but people keep telling you this but you don't follow the advice. Especially considering that you've cheated on him, shows a clear sign that you need to find someone else, some who appreciates your artistic passion, someone who likes cats etc.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 69
then you should find someone who truly loves you for who you are? sorry but people keep telling you this but you don't follow the advice. Especially considering that you've cheated on him, shows a clear sign that you need to find someone else, some who appreciates your artistic passion, someone who likes cats etc.

not sure if anyone else could handle me long term tbh
and like, money would be a huge issue too. my dog needs a lot of space, so i'd need a big house with a large garden, my doctors appts are pretty expensive too. it would be a ****ing mess probably. last time i tried to return to work i lasted literally 1 one, then i had to quit
Original post by Ciel.
not sure if anyone else could handle me long term tbh
and like, money would be a huge issue too. my dog needs a lot of space, so i'd need a big house with a large garden, my doctors appts are pretty expensive too. it would be a ****ing mess probably. last time i tried to return to work i lasted literally 1 one, then i had to quit

Well then in that case regardless the relationship isn't working, you need to look after your mental health, as others are saying break up etc. No one deserves to be in a toxic relationship and you BF doesn't deserve a cheater. Also need to tell him the truth about cheating. Good communication is key in any relationship. Again I'm not here to give advice really but to point out the obvious more so.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 71
Well then in that case regardless the relationship isn't working, you need to look after your mental health, as others are saying break up etc. No one deserves to be in a toxic relationship and you BF doesn't deserve a cheater. Also need to tell him the truth about cheating. Good communication is key in any relationship. Again I'm not here to give advice really but to point out the obvious more so.

i actually haven't cheated in a pretty long while.. i know i have a lot of flaws but i'm actually trying to be a better partner
Original post by Ciel.
i actually haven't cheated in a pretty long while.. i know i have a lot of flaws but i'm actually trying to be a better partner

cheating once is 1 time too many for someone that you "love". If you're trying to improve then that's great but regardless your relationship is still toxic. Like what do you want people on this thread to do? because we keep giving you the obvious advice you won't take it.
again sorry for letting my negative backside take over but sometimes the brutal truth is what's needed if that can't be accepted then it's a lost cause.
Reply 74
cheating once is 1 time too many for someone that you "love". If you're trying to improve then that's great but regardless your relationship is still toxic. Like what do you want people on this thread to do? because we keep giving you the obvious advice you won't take it.

i can't change what's already happened
i don't really 'want' anything.. just needed to vent and sort out my thoughts
Original post by Ciel.
i can't change what's already happened
i don't really 'want' anything.. just needed to vent and sort out my thoughts

ok then fair enough. Still doesn't stop you from telling him the truth but oh well. Even if you can't change it, you should tell him the truth if you truly love him.
(edited 2 years ago)
No, you don't need a massive house with a huge back garden for a big dog.
You can have a modest home, or a ground floor apartment with only 1 person access to a decent sized garden within walking distance to a park.
You don't need expensive health care, use the NHS like everyone else and get onto Universal credit while you find something to do.
Most people don't usually like to work under someone else. If you don't, figure out a job you can do for yourself that'll suit your timings. Maybe start taxiing with uber.
Stop using him for his money and take control of your own life. Get yourself a hobby. Your mental health is made worse by being idle and constantly thinking about useless things.

Don't really care about addressing the bf issue because clearly you need him too much to move on.

Also. Like to add a great suggestion from another user, instead of making multiple threads and bumping when all you want to do is get out your thoughts, maybe you should make a blog.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Amirahx96
You can have a modest home, or a ground floor apartment with only 1 person access to a decent sized garden within walking distance to a park.
You don't need expensive health care, use the NHS like everyone else and get onto Universal credit while you find something to do.
Most people don't usually like to work under someone else. If you don't, figure out a job you can do for yourself that'll suit your timings. Maybe start taxiing with uber.
Stop using him for his money and take control of your own life. Get yourself a hobby. Your mental health is made worse by being idle and constantly thinking about useless things.

Don't really care about addressing the bf issue because clearly you need him too much to move on.

Also. Like to add a great suggestion from another user, instead of making multiple threads and bumping when all you want to do is get out your thoughts, maybe you should make a blog.

mainly straight facts right here. Tbh I can understand the not wanting to use the NHS if you've consistently had bad experiences with them. Also ciel likes to draw i think but his BF doesn't seem to appreciate that so he technically already has a hobby but idk :dontknow:. Also wouldn't underestimate what poor MH can do to you be i agree with the gist of he post.
Reply 78
ok then fair enough. Still doesn't stop you from telling him the truth but oh well. Even if you can't change it, you should tell him the truth if you truly love him.

he would get extremely mad so no way, it would just hurt both of us
i get that not everyone agrees with my opinion on this which is fine
Original post by Amirahx96

an apartment? no agency would allow me to move into an apartment with a german shepherd. and yes, he does need a big garden because he needs hours of off lead exercise every single day. walking him isn't enough.
and no offence to anyone forced to use the nhs but their mental health care is non existent. tried it once. never again.
it's a potential option but i'm not really supposed to drive atm (meds and other issues). you probably think that i'm making excuses. but i'm not. you make it all sound so easy but it really isn't. how much would i get on universal credit? £1000? that's not even enough to rent a house........

i don't like blogs tbh but you can add me to your ignore list if my posts bother you
Do you have any friends irl Ciel? Which city do you live in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending