The Student Room Group

A-level choices

Hi. I am considering doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature at A Level however i am torn between PPE and Biochemistry at degree level at Oxford University. For PPE it says maths is recommended and history may be useful for the course but is not required. If i do choose to apply for PPE, would i be put at a disadvantage for not doing history?
Tbh doing those 4 A-levels will be very hard... the workload will be quite heavy. Only do 4 subjects if the 4th is FM.
Original post by summerbirdreads
Tbh doing those 4 A-levels will be very hard... the workload will be quite heavy. Only do 4 subjects if the 4th is FM.

I do plan to drop one subject which will probably be the subject i like the least.
Original post by BooksAndTea789
I do plan to drop one subject which will probably be the subject i like the least.

Why do you need to suffer A-level to determine this? Wouldn't GCSE experience be enough to know which subject you enjoy the least?

Alright then... but did you consider why you want to do PPE though? your subject choice suggests that you're more inclined towards Biochemistry.
Original post by 0ptics
Why do you need to suffer A-level to determine this? Wouldn't GCSE experience be enough to know which subject you enjoy the least?

At GCSE, I have enjoyed all of those subjects.
Alright then... but did you consider why you want to do PPE though? your subject choice suggests that you're more inclined towards Biochemistry.

I want to do PPE because i really enjoyed learning about politics and economics in history and geography. I also really enjoy the structure of the course at Oxford and what you learn.
I want to do PPE because i really enjoyed learning about politics and economics in history and geography. I also really enjoy the structure of the course at Oxford and what you learn.

Why are you not considering any of those subjects then?
Why are you not considering any of those subjects then?

I am considering history but if i choose to do biochem, i have to do biology chemistry and maths. I also like English lit better than history.
I am considering history but if i choose to do biochem, i have to do biology chemistry and maths. I also like English lit better than history.

Well, you'll have to make a decision, you can't do more than 4 A-levels....

Quick Reply

Latest