The Student Room Group

are these good uni choices

im applying for maths and economics and predicted ABB, i'm applying to:Leeds - AAACity, Uni of London - ABBSurrey - ABBAston - BBCwould you say this is a good selection?
Original post by d6woon
im applying for maths and economics and predicted ABB, i'm applying to:Leeds - AAACity, Uni of London - ABBSurrey - ABBAston - BBCwould you say this is a good selection?

For Leeds are you eligible for access 2 Leeds scheme? That could lower the requirements
Reply 2
Original post by ashvinsingh
For Leeds are you eligible for access 2 Leeds scheme? That could lower the requirements

nope
Original post by d6woon
nope

Oh ok, your options seem good only put leeds as your firm if you get AAA/ maybe AAB in mocks and try very hard tho. Guessing Aston is your insurance
Have you got a fifth choice ?
Reply 5
Original post by Fruity Girl
Have you got a fifth choice ?

liverpool :smile:
Reply 6
Oh ok, your options seem good only put leeds as your firm if you get AAA/ maybe AAB in mocks and try very hard tho. Guessing Aston is your insurance

alrightt, ngl i'm hoping to get A*A*B/A in mocks but we'll see,, and tbf i havent thought about insurance and firm, should i be concerned with that yet?
Original post by d6woon
alrightt, ngl i'm hoping to get A*A*B/A in mocks but we'll see,, and tbf i havent thought about insurance and firm, should i be concerned with that yet?

Not really, when your offers come in then you choose but you’ve got ages to choose. But I’d recommend having a look at the courses or going to open fays
One a bit higher than you expect to get, two at your predictions, one a bit lower... looks fine to me. Always assuming that they are for courses you want to do and in places that you are happy to live.

Don't worry about firm and insurance - you make that decision once you have all your offers/rejections. It's many, many years since people had to put their universities in preference order when they applied.
Reply 9
Not really, when your offers come in then you choose but you’ve got ages to choose. But I’d recommend having a look at the courses or going to open fays

yeahh ive already looked at the course structure, i just need to get to know the vibe more i guess,, thanks for the advice!!
Reply 12
Original post by skylark2
One a bit higher than you expect to get, two at your predictions, one a bit lower... looks fine to me. Always assuming that they are for courses you want to do and in places that you are happy to live.

Don't worry about firm and insurance - you make that decision once you have all your offers/rejections. It's many, many years since people had to put their universities in preference order when they applied.

yup that was what i was going for! and yes i had a feeling i didnt have to choose just yet but thank you for the reassurance!
Original post by d6woon

No not yet !
Original post by d6woon

I study Maths and Economics at Uni of Nottingham and have found the course fascinating so far; there is a wide range of modules to choose from in second and third year and a brilliant support network in the first. The course here also offers you the chance to spend a semester abroad or a year in industry, although not compulsory. I would definitely advise checking the course page out on the University website as I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far.
Good luck with your application!
Original post by d6woon

Since you are aiming for much higher grades than your predicteds, have you considered doing a gap year and applying with your grades? There would be many more great unis open to you if you had A*A*A
Original post by d6woon

I would say that’s a good selection. You’ve got an aspiration uni, realistic ones and then an insurance (lower grades) one so it’s a good spread.
Reply 17
Original post by booklover1313
Since you are aiming for much higher grades than your predicteds, have you considered doing a gap year and applying with your grades? There would be many more great unis open to you if you had A*A*A

do you think that would be a good alternative? i've thought about it but i'm not sure how to bring it up with my parents,, if i decide that a gap year would be better for me after my application is sent off, would that be okay or would that complicate things?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending