The Student Room Group

Doing A level dance as a guy thoughts?

hi, I am thinking about doing a level dance as a level, however I am worried would people think about a guy doing dance? Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Don't worry about others, just do it!!
Guys like dancing as much as anyone else I'd guess.
Reply 3
Original post by Nobody2u
Don't worry about others, just do

Thanks, I might give it a go.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Do it. Good dancing is great for attracting girls
Bro, who gives a **** (no profanity allowed:wink:) what other people think?! if it makes you happy, DO IT! You are being more masculine than anyone who might make fun of you by proving that you are comfortable being you. I know the cliché about bullies being jealous but genuinely, in this case, they would be jealous by how confident you are in doing what you enjoy- they probably aren't confident enough to do what THEY want. GO FOR IT!! and F*** the haters.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by kiran163
hi, I am thinking about doing a level dance as a level, however I am worried would people think about a guy doing dance? Thanks

If you want to do it, go for it! I know of a couple dudes who do dance and they are really good at it. It shouldn't be embarrassing.
Reply 7
Original post by notyetfailed
Bro, who gives a **** (no profanity allowed:wink:) what other people think?! if it makes you happy, DO IT! You are being more masculine than anyone who might make fun of you by proving that you are comfortable being you. I know the cliché about bullies being jealous but genuinely, in this case, they would be jealous by how confident you are in doing what you enjoy- they probably aren't confident enough to do what THEY want. GO FOR IT!! and F*** the haters.

Thanks, really needed this 🙂
Reply 8
Original post by Anholm
If you want to do it, go for it! I know of a couple dudes who do dance and they are really good at it. It shouldn't be embarrassing.

I am def gonna try now thanks🙂
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
Do it. Good dancing is great for attracting girls

I'm a professional dancer and I beg to differ on this.
Batty boy
I am def gonna try now thanks🙂

10000% go for it!! There are so many famous and respected male dancers, just look at the Royal Ballet or BTS. They all have men who dance who are celebrated for their talent.
Original post by Anonymous
Batty boy

Don't be so mean, men can join dancing too, it is not only for girls
Original post by Anonymous
Don't be so mean, men can join dancing too, it is not only for girls

Men can dance, sometimes much better than women doing the same style. I'm often the best dancer in the room. But it is not considered masculine. Lots of my friends from the professional stage and screen dancing circuits are gay and quite effeminate so that's what girls think all male dancers are like, including straight men like myself.

I think the first thing you should bear in mind is that your life doesn’t depend on what others say, if you want to do a dance, and you feel good about that then do it, you shouldn’t stop yourself for others.

I think you only live once and every second without doing the things we want subtracts from our happiness and life, that’s why I recommend that you do your dance, there are lots of professional male dancers and no one judges them for dancing.
Original post by Rileybr2356
there are lots of professional male dancers and no one judges them for dancing.

Did you read the comment I made above yours?

Not that I would discourage any young male dancers from pursuing dance like I did. But men should be aware that being a good dancer does get judgmental attitudes from women because it's considered a feminine activity. Men should pursue dance because they're passionate about it, and handle the attitude problems from women later on. If men want to prioritise attracting women, I recommend they pursue something else that's considered more masculine like boxing or rugby.

50 % of the performing staff roster in major ballet companies is male presenting dancers. Similar numbers seen in major Contemporary companies as well

Quick Reply

Latest