What sort of portfolio for art does the University of Brighton want?

Watch this thread
BelAlmont
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I checked their requirements on UCAS but I'm not really sure what is needed on the portfolio for architecture. Can I get some advice of what to include?
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
The university gives guidance on its web site. There is also an option to 'Chat with a student' on the site - give it a go:

https://www.brighton.ac.uk/studying-...portfolio.aspx
University of Brighton Enquiries
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by BelAlmont)
I checked their requirements on UCAS but I'm not really sure what is needed on the portfolio for architecture. Can I get some advice of what to include?
Hi BelAlmont

Online portfolios are requested via the admissions portal after applications are received. Applicants will be advised where to send the portfolio to at that time. Applicants should not send or forward portfolio before this.

Your portfolio should be created on a blogging site: Carbonmade, Dropbox or Flickr. Please make sure that the portfolio is publicly viewable and does not require a log in or account to view. The portfolio should include up to 20 images of your work (JPEGs). These should include preparatory drawings and studies as well as finished pieces, and be focused as much as possible on work which you are most actively interested in pursuing.

Please note that we do not expect to see architectural work; we are looking for a variety of work in different media showing your ability to experiment and utilise different media and techniques. At least half the images should be non-computer (CAD or other) generated work. You may want to add a brief statement about your images and work, telling us more about the ideas and interests that underpin your current work, and your ambitions.

We do have an architecture student ambassador that you’re welcome to message for further advise, you can do this here.

I hope this helps!

Bex – Brighton Uni rep :nyan:
Last edited by University of Brighton Enquiries; 6 months ago
BelAlmont
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries)
Hi BelAlmont

Online portfolios are requested via the admissions portal after applications are received. Applicants will be advised where to send the portfolio to at that time. Applicants should not send or forward portfolio before this.

Your portfolio should be created on a blogging site: Carbonmade, Dropbox or Flickr. Please make sure that the portfolio is publicly viewable and does not require a log in or account to view. The portfolio should include up to 20 images of your work (JPEGs). These should include preparatory drawings and studies as well as finished pieces, and be focused as much as possible on work which you are most actively interested in pursuing.

Please note that we do not expect to see architectural work; we are looking for a variety of work in different media showing your ability to experiment and utilise different media and techniques. At least half the images should be non-computer (CAD or other) generated work. You may want to add a brief statement about your images and work, telling us more about the ideas and interests that underpin your current work, and your ambitions.

We do have an architecture student ambassador that you’re welcome to message for further advise, you can do this here.

I hope this helps!

Bex – Brighton Uni rep :nyan:
Thank you for your reply!
May I ask if the portfolio also expects digital CAD work?
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by BelAlmont)
Thank you for your reply!
May I ask if the portfolio also expects digital CAD work?
No problem!

We are looking for a variety of work in different media showing your ability to experiment and utilise different media and techniques. At least half the images should be non-computer (CAD or other) generated work. You may want to add a brief statement about your images and work, telling us more about the ideas and interests that underpin your current work, and your ambitions.

Bex - Brighton Uni rep :nyan:
veasummers
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Would examples for CAD Work from Unity or Blender be good examples for portfolios? I understand that Autocad is the primary resource for what most Architects use, but it isn't necessarily the most accessible.
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by veasummers)
Would examples for CAD Work from Unity or Blender be good examples for portfolios? I understand that Autocad is the primary resource for what most Architects use, but it isn't necessarily the most accessible.
Hi veasummers

Admissions recommend using an online site such as Blogger, Wordpress, Tumblr, Carbonmade, or Flickr to showcase your work as these sites can host visual imagery and accompanying text. Make sure that the portfolio is publicly viewable and does not require a log in or account to view. Please avoid Dropbox or other sites that are not suited for hosting visual portfolios.

I hope this is helpful! Bex - Brighton uni rep :nyan:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (72)
18.9%
The paper was reasonable (144)
37.8%
Not feeling great about that exam... (110)
28.87%
It was TERRIBLE (55)
14.44%

Watched Threads