The Student Room Group

predicted grades

hi so i recently done my mocks and i did not do very well in them. i feel like this is because we did them too soon as its only november and that i didnt have time to prepare enough and its not my full potential. our teachers are using our mock grades for predicted grades for uni and im very worried that these will be my final predicted grade.

can i ask my teachers to sit more tests or do something to boost my predicted grade at all before the jan 26th deadline or is this considered unfair?
Original post by summer.04x
hi so i recently done my mocks and i did not do very well in them. i feel like this is because we did them too soon as its only november and that i didnt have time to prepare enough and its not my full potential. our teachers are using our mock grades for predicted grades for uni and im very worried that these will be my final predicted grade.

can i ask my teachers to sit more tests or do something to boost my predicted grade at all before the jan 26th deadline or is this considered unfair?

Hi @summer.04x [br] [br] Predicted grades do not determine your academic potential!
Talk to your teachers, let them know your thoughts and if they agree that your mock grades do not reflect your academic ability discuss with them what can be done...
I also just want to add that in most instances universities provide conditional offers. Yes, you can receive unconditional offers but gear your focus towards your final exam/grades. If you're final predicted grades are lower than you expect then work on ensuring your receive the best possible grades for results day and for the final exams. Bottom line is, if you are predicted lower grades or it's lower than you expected make sure you try your best to surpass them and achieve the highest possible grades because the outcome from the final exams and assessments will determine your place for university.

I hope this helps!

Best of luck with everything, you will do great!

Nashreen - ULaw Student Ambassador
Reply 2

As far as I know there are another set of mocks we do in February so between now and then work on you EBIs, communicate with your teachers and have a go at some past papers. That's what I will be doing, don't worry I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I think they look at your past mocks as well not just the November set so they will take them into account too.
Reply 3
Original post by Amelia_P
As far as I know there are another set of mocks we do in February so between now and then work on you EBIs, communicate with your teachers and have a go at some past papers. That's what I will be doing, don't worry I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I think they look at your past mocks as well not just the November set so they will take them into account too.

are you sure ab this?
Reply 4
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hi @summer.04x [br] [br] Predicted grades do not determine your academic potential!
Talk to your teachers, let them know your thoughts and if they agree that your mock grades do not reflect your academic ability discuss with them what can be done...
I also just want to add that in most instances universities provide conditional offers. Yes, you can receive unconditional offers but gear your focus towards your final exam/grades. If you're final predicted grades are lower than you expect then work on ensuring your receive the best possible grades for results day and for the final exams. Bottom line is, if you are predicted lower grades or it's lower than you expected make sure you try your best to surpass them and achieve the highest possible grades because the outcome from the final exams and assessments will determine your place for university.

I hope this helps!

Best of luck with everything, you will do great!

Nashreen - ULaw Student Ambassador

hiii thank you this helpsss

just to clarify are you saying that i can still apply with my low grades right now but on results day my offers may change?
Reply 5

teachers will compile your predicted grade by looking at the past grades you've achieved in that subject (like your AS results) as well as your current mocks. they'll also know if you're the type of student who's gonna study and how much this might improve your grade etc etc so dont worry about thr mocks!
Reply 6
Original post by nsnsjss
teachers will compile your predicted grade by looking at the past grades you've achieved in that subject (like your AS results) as well as your current mocks. they'll also know if you're the type of student who's gonna study and how much this might improve your grade etc etc so dont worry about thr mocks!

im worried because the deadline is so near and im not sure if theyre going to give another set of tests or not but can i ask to do more?
Reply 7
are you sure ab this?

I'm fairly sure. You could always email your teachers if you are unsure. I think they take into account your other mocks and see the progress between the two sets. If you are concerned about grades apply to a uni that gives out lots of unconditionals, although do take caution in the requirements behind this.
im worried because the deadline is so near and im not sure if theyre going to give another set of tests or not but can i ask to do more?

you could ask to do more tests if you feel like you didn't show your potential in your mocks, no guarantee that your teachers will say yes but it's worth a try :smile:
(btw different schools do mocks at different times so you may not have february ones :yes:
Yes, you can ask if there’s anything more you can do to demonstrate that you can achieve higher. They may say no, but bear in mind that schools use more than just mocks to determine your predictions.

can i ask my teachers to sit more tests or do something to boost my predicted grade at all before the jan 26th deadline

That is entiely a decision for your individual school.
Nobody here will have the answer so talk to your teachers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending