The Student Room Group

Would you chide this girl for being over weight?

Hypothetically
Say theres a girl an average size girl with an average build and average curves who wears a size 12. She follows a balanced diet and exercises how the average person does. So nothing too intense or extreme, nothing too lazy, just normal.
She decides that she wants to relax her diet and enjoy herself more and relax a bit more.
So she includes more treats in her diet and relaxens her regime a little.
She gains a stone or so and goes up to a 14. Not fat on her frame - "chubby" perhaps.
She decides she prefers it this way - she likes that she eats more yummyfood and does a little less exercise
Would you judge her for being a bit overweight and going up a size and leading a more indulgent style?
Original post by stickylikehoney
Hypothetically
Say theres a girl an average size girl with an average build and average curves who wears a size 12. She follows a balanced diet and exercises how the average person does. So nothing too intense or extreme, nothing too lazy, just normal.
She decides that she wants to relax her diet and enjoy herself more and relax a bit more.
So she includes more treats in her diet and relaxens her regime a little.
She gains a stone or so and goes up to a 14. Not fat on her frame - "chubby" perhaps.
She decides she prefers it this way - she likes that she eats more yummyfood and does a little less exercise
Would you judge her for being a bit overweight and going up a size and leading a more indulgent style?

If you're happy being fatter, then it really isn't anyone else's business, is it? Sorry, if you friend is happier being fatter... :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
If you're happy being fatter, then it really isn't anyone else's business, is it? Sorry, if you friend is happier being fatter... :smile:

This isn't me.
I'm 5ft and a size 12
But yes, other people might retorted "it's healthier to be a 12" etc.
But so what if she was a stone overweight? Atleast she lived her life!
Original post by Reality Check

Shh... don't blow OP's cover...
Reply 4
What do you mean by "judging her"? Just having a negative opinion on a random person because of that? No, I don't care about what strangers do. If we're talking in romantic terms then yeah, I would probably no longer be attracted to her. I like people who better themselves and not the opposite, but I wouldn't form hateful opinions about her just because of it. Is that what judging is?
Reply 5
A size 14 in one shop can be a size 12 in another, so maybe she hasn't even gone up a dress size! There is no industry standard for measurements for dress sizes.

Anyway, aren't you judging her by posting this on here and using words like 'average', 'chubby' and 'overweight'? She could still be in a healthy range for her BMI and not carrying excess pounds.
Why the devil would I chide anybody for their weight? It's none of my business.
No.
Not in the habit of chiding random strangers for their exercise regimes or diet and body appearance.
No I wouldn't. The world is full of people of all different shapes and sizes, most people have accepted it. Whoever is criticizing this person for being slightly chubbier needs to mind their own business but it sounds to me as if they are just using it as an excuse to put this girl down.
Reply 9
I couldn't care less
No, if they are happy as they are, then why does it even matter???? It shouldn't have to be something else that people can judge you on!!
Yes for using stone as a unit of mass instead of kg
(edited 2 years ago)
I don't really make it a habit to judge someone based on physical looks and appearance, so no.
Most people nowadays have weight problems so no ones got a leg to stand on when they chide others over their weight. I bet the people insulting this girl are fat little piggys themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest