The Student Room Group

Mental Health Problems - Anyone able to give me some advice?

Hi!!
This is my first post but sadly it's not quite a nice topic to start off with... and it's a bit long so really sorry but I hope you read it all the way to the end.
Since year 5, I got anxiety and tbh I thought it wasn't a long term thing but it hit me badly at the end of year 6 - whenever I got really stressed about something or think about something that's bothering me, I can't eat.
Like I would get sick if I ate or I can't digest properly for some reason.
And the other times is when I have to do something that I don't want to do or I'm uncomfortable - my palms start getting really sweaty and I get so nervous/tears about to explode.
I've searched online if there was anything that could help me control my self but there weren't any good ones that would actually work - then again I can't do that since I overthink too much which makes my mind more confused than ever.
Now the next problem I also really need help with, is that whenever I get upset I can't stop the tears and it gets really hard for me to breath.
Takes a lot of time for me to calm down and my chest hurts a lot..
Now I'm in year 9 and those problems haven't gone away, still existing.
I hope someone will be able to give me some suggestion, advice or just say Hi.
I would be really nice to meet new people on here!! :smile:

Also thanks to those who read this till the end ^^
Hey nice to meet you . But you just need to calm down ik it’s hard when you have anxiety and trust me we all been there but have you try to detract your self when ever that stressing you out maybe get a break from it and come back to it maybe you can walk and do something that calms you or take a hot or warm shower and take away all the stress out or finds something that you love doing maybe that would calm you down we all been stressed out about things in our life but we have to remember we all need a break for something even anxiety and stress sorry if this bad hope it’s helps.
Original post by Music_Lover~
Hi!!
This is my first post but sadly it's not quite a nice topic to start off with... and it's a bit long so really sorry but I hope you read it all the way to the end.
Since year 5, I got anxiety and tbh I thought it wasn't a long term thing but it hit me badly at the end of year 6 - whenever I got really stressed about something or think about something that's bothering me, I can't eat.
Like I would get sick if I ate or I can't digest properly for some reason.
And the other times is when I have to do something that I don't want to do or I'm uncomfortable - my palms start getting really sweaty and I get so nervous/tears about to explode.
I've searched online if there was anything that could help me control my self but there weren't any good ones that would actually work - then again I can't do that since I overthink too much which makes my mind more confused than ever.
Now the next problem I also really need help with, is that whenever I get upset I can't stop the tears and it gets really hard for me to breath.
Takes a lot of time for me to calm down and my chest hurts a lot..
Now I'm in year 9 and those problems haven't gone away, still existing.
I hope someone will be able to give me some suggestion, advice or just say Hi.
I would be really nice to meet new people on here!! :smile:

Also thanks to those who read this till the end ^^

hey! nice to meet you, i’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling with anxiety, i experienced the same kind of thing when i was younger too! would you feel comfortable talking to your GP about it? or maybe a teacher? :smile:
Hi!
Thanks for replying but my Local GP is quite hard to get a single appointment and I don't feel comfortable going there because of Covid-19 but maybe when I get the chance I can go there or I might go to one in Korea (hopefully).
And a teacher is a definite no no because:
1)They will tell other teachers or my head of year
2)I don't trust them
3)They don't know how I feel...
But thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest