The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick 2022 Cyber Security Applicant Thread

Since this is a ''very competitive course'', I thought to create a thread where applicants can share their experiences.

As an ice-breaker, kindly state the following;

University choices:
Application date:
Offer/Rejection date (if any):
Achieved/Predicted grades:
Home/International:
Offer grades if conditional:
Any other relevant information:

Thank you.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Application date: 28/10/2021.
Offer/Rejection date (if any): None yet.
Achieved/Predicted grades: Access to HE (Science) DDD, Diploma in Computer Science (3.2CGPA) and all relevant GCSEs. (Achieved).
Home/International: Home
Offer grades if conditional: N/A.
Any other relevant information: Acknowledgement email on 01/11/2021, Request for transcripts and certificates on 02/11/2021. Nothing else since then. :frown:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous
Application date: 28/10/2021.
Offer/Rejection date (if any): None yet.
Achieved/Predicted grades: Access to HE (Science) DDD, Diploma in Computer Science (3.2CGPA) and all relevant GCSEs. (Achieved).
Home/International: Home
Offer grades if conditional: N/A.
Any other relevant information: Acknowledgement email on 01/11/2021, Request for transcripts and certificates on 02/11/2021. Nothing else since then. :frown:

University choices: Warwick, Oxford Brookes, Nottingham Trent, Portsmouth and Kingston.
Original post by micdawgs
Since this is a ''very competitive course'', I thought to create a thread where applicants can share their experiences.

University choices:
Application date:
Home/International:

Thank you.

Uni choices: Oxford, York (two courses), Warwick, Royal Holloway
Application date: 06/10/21
Offer/Rejection date: York - both offers on 28th Oct, Royal Holloway - offer on 14th Oct. Haven't heard back yet from Warwick (cyber security) or Oxford (mathematics with computer science)
Achieved/Predicted grades: A*A*A , A*s in mathematics and fine art, A in computer science
Home/ International: Home
Offer grades if conditional: AAB at York for cyber security/comp sci , ABB at York for maths/comp sci, BBB at Royal Holloway for comp sci/information security. All of these offers are for 5 years including year in industry and integrated masters.
Any other relevant info: I feel like I'll most likely be going to York to do computer science with cyber security :smile:
University choices: Warwick, Oxford Brookes, Nottingham Trent, Portsmouth and Kin

Update: Unconditional offers from Portsmouth and Oxford Brookes. Warwick will surely take their time and I'm expecting to present a second PS. Nothing yet from Nottingham Trent or Kingston.
Reply 5
Any ideas what the nearest accommodation to the cyber security area is?
Original post by RoyKent

From a google maps' view for on-campus accommodation, I guess Tocil, Heronbank, Arthur Vick, Jack Martin Halls of Residences are closest to WMG, only if you want to live off-campus, then you have many other options. Have you got an offer for Cyber Security?
Reply 7
From a google maps' view for on-campus accommodation, I guess Tocil, Heronbank, Arthur Vick, Jack Martin Halls of Residences are closest to WMG, only if you want to live off-campus, then you have many other options. Have you got an offer for Cyber Security?

Heronbank is quite a bit further away than any of the others you've named (still only a 10 minute fast walk, but Claycroft and Tocil are much closer, followed by AV, JM, Whitefields, Rootes and maybe Bluebell :smile:)
Reply 8
Original post by RoyKent

See my reply above, but if you want to have a proper look yourself the interactive campus map is good for getting your bearings (also lets you look at floorplans etc.) https://warwick.ac.uk/about/visiting/maps/interactive/
@_gcx Kindly add this thread's link to the University of Warwick 2022 Applicants page. Thank you.
@_gcx Kindly add this thread's link to the University of Warwick 2022 Applicants page. Thank you.

done that

University choices:
Application date:
Home/International:

Thank you.

University choices:
Application date:
Home/International:

Thank you.

University choices: Warwick,Portsmouth,BathSpa,Kent,Bournmouth
Application date: 16th December
Offer/Rejection date (if any): not yet
Achieved/Predicted grades: 5 Ds 1 M
Home/International:London
Any other relevant information: still waiting on offers but not so confident Imma get any
Update: Unconditional offers from Portsmouth and Oxford Brookes. Warwick will surely take their time and I'm expecting to present a second PS. Nothing yet from Nottingham Trent or Kingston.

Update: Unconditional offers from Kingston and Nottingham Trent, that's four offers so far, but nothing yet from Warwick.
University choices: Warwick,Portsmouth,BathSpa,Kent,Bournmouth
Application date: 16th December
Offer/Rejection date (if any): not yet
Achieved/Predicted grades: 5 Ds 1 M
Home/International:London
Any other relevant information: still waiting on offers but not so confident Imma get any

Stay positive! Portsmouth usually answers fast, so standby for them...
Reply 14
Thanks man I’ll try I hope I get some soon
Original post by Meds365
Thanks man I’ll try I hope I get some soon

hey meds, did u end up applying to cyber security at warwick? i got a request to do an additional personal statement for the uni and was wondering if youve done it yet or not, let me know.
University choices: Warwick, Leicester, Cardiff, Bristol UWE and Greenwich.
Application date: 14/12/21
Offer/Rejection date (if any): N/A, Got an offer from bristol but thats it, Warwick asked me to give in an additional personal statement
Achieved/Predicted grades: A* A B
Home/International: London
Offer grades if conditional: A A B
Any other relevant information: Just need help or to get advice with the additional personal statement with warwick.
Original post by mosamin786
University choices: Warwick, Leicester, Cardiff, Bristol UWE and Greenwich.
Application date: 14/12/21
Offer/Rejection date (if any): N/A, Got an offer from bristol but thats it, Warwick asked me to give in an additional personal statement
Achieved/Predicted grades: A* A B
Home/International: London
Offer grades if conditional: A A B
Any other relevant information: Just need help or to get advice with the additional personal statement with warwick.

When did they request the second personal statement? I reckon it has to do with 1400bytes etc...
When did they request the second personal statement? I reckon it has to do with 1400bytes etc...

like a week ago and i have 1 more week to complete it😭, its something like that yeah, im actually worried tho because i have no idea how to actually do it without some form of guidance.
Original post by mosamin786
like a week ago and i have 1 more week to complete it😭, its something like that yeah, im actually worried tho because i have no idea how to actually do it without some form of guidance.

Submitted my application months ago and haven't been asked to give an additional PS, just proof of my quals and reference. What exactly do you need guidance for? Sizing it or the contents? I believe you should already know what to write.

Quick Reply

Latest