The Student Room Group

How do I stop actively avoiding interacting with women?

I avoid interactions with them every single day. If i see my friend with a girl? avoid going to him. If my flat mate brings friends over who are girls? avoid going to the kitchen. there was a day a group of girls came from opposite flat to introduce themselves and i just ignored them completely. I'm 23 years of age and this is getting out of hand how do i stop it?
What do you believe the reason is?
Reply 2
Original post by issawrap
What do you believe the reason is?

perhaps from not interacting with them enough? but the chances to do so are rare since I study engineering so im surrounded by meen 24/7 and my flamates are all boys
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bvllvh
I avoid interactions with them every single day. If i see my friend with a girl? avoid going to him. If my flat mate brings friends over who are girls? avoid going to the kitchen. there was a day a group of girls came from opposite flat to introduce themselves and i just ignored them completely. I'm 23 years of age and this is getting out of hand how do i stop it?

You may be an egg, considering your lack of reasoning for this sort of ungentlemanly behaviour. Mashallah my brother, do not sin and may God be with you.

Fellow Egg signing out.
Original post by bvllvh
perhaps from not interacting with them enough? but the chances to do so are rare since I study engineering so im surrounded by meen 24/7 and my flamates are all boys

Just force yourself to get out there and interact. It'll be tough the first few times but you'll get better at it. I'm kinda in the opposite situation where next year I'm doing a predominantly male dominated course (80% guys) and I'm not looking forward to it :I. But you just need to make yourself get out there and talk. Good luck, you got this :smile:
Original post by bvllvh

So, the only solution to this, to reducing your anxiety and uneasiness around women, is to try to interact with them more. Or at least not physically avoid their presence. That's all.
Reply 6
Original post by ToastOnElephants
You may be an egg, considering your lack of reasoning for this sort of ungentlemanly behaviour. Mashallah my brother, do not sin and may God be with you.

Fellow Egg signing out.

whats an egg?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending