The Student Room Group

study abroad year for 3 year programme

which UK universities allow you to spend a year abroad as part of a 3 year programme? I really want to spend a year abroad in the US but dont want to extend my prgramme by another year. I know that Lancaster biology allows you to spend a year abroad while still keeping the length of the degree 3 years, are there any other universities that do this?
Original post by Anonymous
which UK universities allow you to spend a year abroad as part of a 3 year programme? I really want to spend a year abroad in the US but dont want to extend my prgramme by another year. I know that Lancaster biology allows you to spend a year abroad while still keeping the length of the degree 3 years, are there any other universities that do this?

Hi I went to the open day September for my daughter who wants to do zoology for 2023 (shes a year 12) and the talk was biology, biochem, zoology, environment studies.
The guy who did the talk said, if you are thinking about starting in 2023, the study abroad programme will change. So after his talk we went up to him and asked him to elaborate. He said 2022 start, 3 years including the study abroad no problem, but for 2023 start your study abroad will be in year 3, and you have to come back to do a year 4.

We also just been to chester and they do an experiential learning abroad option.
Part A:

Preparation for Experiential Overseas Learning will take place at the university of Chester during level 5 (this will be year 2) and will include:

The multiple facets of Global citizenship
Ethical engagement and practice
Cross-cultural issues and sensitivity
Intercultural communication
Theories, models and strategies of learning

Theories and models Intercultural competence
Theories and models of Integration and Multiculturalism
Critical thinking skills and models of Reflection
Experiential learning models
Self-directed experiential learning
Personal and placement-related skills

Enhanced independence
Improved command of multicultural behaviour
Increased knowledge and confidence in their individual facets of personal identity
Effective time management and organisational skills
Project management working away from University and independent study
Self-management and personal development
Team building and team work
Part B: Overseas

Students will engage in experiential learning activities overseas for at least 150 hours

Its very difficult to find a uni that does 3 years inclusive with a year abroad, my youngest is struggling too
(edited 2 years ago)
Just google the subject you want and 'with study abroad' and you will find courses.
And at many Unis you can still spend some time overseas without that - one example https://www.bristol.ac.uk/global-opportunities/go-abroad/Submit reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending