The Student Room Group

Am i on the right track for science GSCE?

I did my mocks and we got our results and i did POORLY.I revised alot and getting those results were a bit draining,because i did so well in the yr10 one.I got more then 70% in all of them.These are my reults
In bio i got 51/67
in chem i got 40/70
In physics i got 41/80
Overall poorly done higher
I want to continue doing 2 of them in sixthform and dance.Do you guys think I can improve my grade to a 7 in all my in january
You can improve OP. What do you struggle with?
(edited 2 years ago)
What does OP stand for? Mostly physics and biology.I memorise and do exam pratice but i dont know why i am getting bad grades
Original post by kayla306
What does OP stand for? Mostly physics and biology.I memorise and do exam pratice but i dont know why i am getting bad grades

You need to understand the concepts before memorising or attempting exam practice.
To understand concepts, youtube videos are amazing, watch freesciencelessons, cognito, mygcsescience etc... Then applying the blurting technique or flashcards or anything you prefer to memorise. Then attempt exam questions and topic questions once you finish each topic, mark with a pencil what topics you got wrong in the specification and go and revise that topic, do another paper and repeat.
Original post by summerbirdreads
You need to understand the concepts before memorising or attempting exam practice.
To understand concepts, youtube videos are amazing, watch freesciencelessons, cognito, mygcsescience etc... Then applying the blurting technique or flashcards or anything you prefer to memorise. Then attempt exam questions and topic questions once you finish each topic, mark with a pencil what topics you got wrong in the specification and go and revise that topic, do another paper and repeat.

Thank you so much.I have a mock in febuary and i will try my best
Thank you so much.I have a mock in febuary and i will try my best

Good luck! :smile:.
Original post by summerbirdreads
Good luck! :smile:.

what does OP stand for
what does OP stand for

Original poster/post.

Quick Reply

Latest