The Student Room Group

i like my ex but there's a twist

it seems a bit odd but, even after i broke things off with my ex, i started to like her again. at the moment, i am just trying to suppress my feelings. i can't avoid her because we are in the same friendship circle and go out to dinner with our group almost every week. i told one of my closest friends who seems to think it's a platonic relationship, but i don't think so, she is closer with many more people than this person she picks to cuddle. her behaviour suggests that she likes her crush as she says a lot of suspicious things.

i want to confess but she's my EX. even worse, i need to confirm whether or not she likes someone.
Sure, but where’s the twist?
“I like my ex”
But here’s the twist:
“I like my ex”.

All that aside, you guys broke up for a reason. It’s unlikely (key word: unlikely) that you’ll rekindle that relationship.
It doesn't matter if you still like her, both of you broke up, clearly your feelings for her aren't strong enough. You're likely gonna end up wasting time.
You want her because you like the chase. Leave the poor girl alone and don’t mess her around.
Reply 4
Original post by ah6100tsr
It doesn't matter if you still like her, both of you broke up, clearly your feelings for her aren't strong enough. You're likely gonna end up wasting time.

thanks for the reply. please expand on that. what do you mean my feelings aren't strong enough? she is the only girl that has made me feel this way, the only one i have ever tried to pursue.
What's most likely happened is that you started to become interested in her again in response to seeing her show interest in someone else. In this case, it doesn't really mean that you like her but rather than you don't want to see her move on and be with someone else.

Whatever caused you to break-up will re-emerge as a problem again if you were to get back together. It's better to leave it be - especially if she's moved on.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
thanks for the reply. please expand on that. what do you mean my feelings aren't strong enough? she is the only girl that has made me feel this way, the only one i have ever tried to pursue.

I mean you agreed to break up with her, implying that you're not as emotionally invested in her as you once were. She won't be the only girl who will make you feel like this, that's more or a less a fact.
Reply 7
If she's interested someone else, you need to move in. If you keep trying to get with her or win her back, you'll get yourself hurt.

Please figure out what caused the break up and learn from your mistake so that it doesnt happen again.

Quick Reply

Latest