The Student Room Group

I can't get over it

So this girl I rlly liked rejected me twice but I can't get over her. She was proper weird with me and sent mixed signals. Everytime she said she wasn't interested but her actions said otherwise like maybe she wasn't sure or insecure. Anyways I can't get over her and it's been months since we last spoke (September). I keep thinking about her. What to do? Does it acc get easier bc we didn't speak from April-September but she forgave me eventually. Then I was able to kind of get over her but now I can't

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So this girl I rlly liked rejected me twice but I can't get over her. She was proper weird with me and sent mixed signals. Everytime she said she wasn't interested but her actions said otherwise like maybe she wasn't sure or insecure. Anyways I can't get over her and it's been months since we last spoke (September). I keep thinking about her. What to do? Does it acc get easier bc we didn't speak from April-September but she forgave me eventually. Then I was able to kind of get over her but now I can't

I honestly am rlly sorry for you in that situation and I understand it’s really difficult. I would definitely give her some space. I’ve been in the girls situation before and assure me she probably feels really bad for hurting your feelings. But it can also be frustrating for her if you won’t leave her alone and let her breath. Out of respect even if she is giving you mixed signals I would respect her decision in saying no. Also leaving her alone for a bit will benefit you as well as you’ll be able to get over her. Just give her space pls
Reply 2
I honestly am rlly sorry for you in that situation and I understand it’s really difficult. I would definitely give her some space. I’ve been in the girls situation before and assure me she probably feels really bad for hurting your feelings. But it can also be frustrating for her if you won’t leave her alone and let her breath. Out of respect even if she is giving you mixed signals I would respect her decision in saying no. Also leaving her alone for a bit will benefit you as well as you’ll be able to get over her. Just give her space pls

I've given her space b4 when she unfriended me snap but I just keep thinking about her. Aaah it's very complicated
Reply 3
Rejecting you twice isn't mixed, it's very clear. You saying 'maybe' she was insecure or unsure sounds like you are projecting. You've spoken once in 7 months and she wasn't even your girlfriend. Find more activities to occupy yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Rejecting you twice isn't mixed, it's very clear. You saying 'maybe' she was insecure or unsure sounds like you are projecting. You've spoken once in 7 months and she wasn't even your girlfriend. Find more activities to occupy yourself.

No u didn't have context. She would reject me but then send proper signals. I cba explaining but I k I'm right. Also, she got pissed bc of some other stuff and then she came back and we spoke a few times till I told her I had to leave bc of religious reasons and then she got pissed I kept leaving. I had valid reason tho.
Reply 5
No u didn't have context. She would reject me but then send proper signals. I cba explaining but I k I'm right. Also, she got pissed bc of some other stuff and then she came back and we spoke a few times till I told her I had to leave bc of religious reasons and then she got pissed I kept leaving. I had valid reason tho.

So, she rejected you, you rejected her. End of story. What is there to 'get over'?
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
So, she rejected you, you rejected her. End of story. What is there to 'get over'?

No I didn’t reject her. I just told her I couldn't keep talking as friends bc of religion. Then I wanted to talk again bc I missed her when I got ill and my immune system was whack
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia

She didn't reply and that bc I think she's fed up
Reply 8
No I didn’t reject her. I just told her I couldn't keep talking as friends bc of religion.

Isn't that rejecting her? For religious reasons?
Reply 9
It just takes time, I am/was in a similar situation although it was over a long period of time (litteraly half my life so far) but I cut all contact and haven't looked back. Still not completely over her but my emotion isn't really for her anymore but more the memories we had and the fact in the 4 years since I last talked to her I haven't found anyone else.

The mixed signals are just her being freindly, if you don't like how she was acting with you tell her, but if she's verbally said she doesn't like you in that way then there's no more to it, you are just lying to yourself if you think different.

My advice is break all contact, don't give in and add her back or try to talk to her, delete anything that reminds you of her, this has the potential to turn into something very unhealthy, and she is probaly annoyed you can't move in too which would put the strain on any freindship.

Like I said it probaly took me 2 years to 'set my heart free' of her but she still pops into my mind at times, you just have to be patient, but she won't leave your mind if you keep clinging onto hope that isn't there.
She didn't reply and that bc I think she's fed up

I would be too, so that reason would make sense. You told her to do one because of 'religious reasons' whatever the hell that means then when things get a bit bad you make another appearance. She's not a toy you can just pick up then put back down again.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Max1989
It just takes time, I am/was in a similar situation although it was over a long period of time (litteraly half my life so far) but I cut all contact and haven't looked back. Still not completely over her but my emotion isn't really for her anymore but more the memories we had and the fact in the 4 years since I last talked to her I haven't found anyone else.

The mixed signals are just her being freindly, if you don't like how she was acting with you tell her, but if she's verbally said she doesn't like you in that way then there's no more to it, you are just lying to yourself if you think different.

My advice is break all contact, don't give in and add her back or try to talk to her, delete anything that reminds you of her, this has the potential to turn into something very unhealthy, and she is probaly annoyed you can't move in too which would put the strain on any freindship.

Like I said it probaly took me 2 years to 'set my heart free' of her but she still pops into my mind at times, you just have to be patient, but she won't leave your mind if you keep clinging onto hope that isn't there.

I'm not delusional, she definitely liked me. Basically she sent me songs to express her emotions. She sent 1 that was this guy singing about how he fell in love and it was so strong (greater than magic) and that he didn't k what to do. His heart told him tell her and his brain said be calm and don't. She sent it and asked my opinion on it and how I felt about it. She previously had done this to express her emotion so I mean yh. Then she also said when I asked her if she liked me back that and I quote "what's the fun in just telling u". Also if I upset her she would always say of all ppl I didn't expect u to hurt me like that. That 1s a stretch. Then she also sent me these excerpts that were closest related to our situation. I think it's bc she's struggle to deal w emotions and she was previously a v dark person and kinda emotionless.
Original post by ROTL94
I would be too, so that reason would make sense. You told her to do one because of 'religious reasons' whatever the hell that means then when things get a bit bad you make another appearance. She's not a toy you can just pick up then put back down again.

Yh I get it's a d*ck move. It's just not allowed for males and females to converse freely w/o reason in my (& her) religion. So I had a fluctuation in religiosness. Also, she did that to me many a time and left w/o goodbye. She also ignore me for like a month a few more times. But I see what u mean
I'm not delusional, she definitely liked me. Basically she sent me songs to express her emotions. She sent 1 that was this guy singing about how he fell in love and it was so strong (greater than magic) and that he didn't k what to do. His heart told him tell her and his brain said be calm and don't. She sent it and asked my opinion on it and how I felt about it. She previously had done this to express her emotion so I mean yh. Then she also said when I asked her if she liked me back that and I quote "what's the fun in just telling u". Also if I upset her she would always say of all ppl I didn't expect u to hurt me like that. That 1s a stretch. Then she also sent me these excerpts that were closest related to our situation. I think it's bc she's struggle to deal w emotions and she was previously a v dark person and kinda emotionless.

But she verbally said she didn't like you, not once, twice...no matter how she acted that's enough proof you need of her actual feelings, she had 2 opportunities to admit her feelings for you and she revealed they weren't there in that way, but anyways you asked how to move on not whether she liked you anymore (as that one is an obvious no at least romantically) I have said that, it just takes time and just letting the thoughts die out.
Original post by Max1989
But she verbally said she didn't like you, not once, twice...no matter how she acted that's enough proof you need of her actual feelings, she had 2 opportunities to admit her feelings for you and she revealed they weren't there in that way, but anyways you asked how to move on not whether she liked you anymore (as that one is an obvious no at least romantically) I have said that, it just takes time and just letting the thoughts die out.

Yh I disagree. I'm sure she did bc the things she said but I think she's insecure and finds it difficult w emotions so she couldn't say yes. Also, she was always saying let it flow and happen naturally. She literally left bc she said I was being "intense" and she had to work her feelings out. She would always leave when it got heated bc she struggles w emotion. Anyway yh no I'm too weak. I can't get over her. It's when I procrastinate acc so I think maybe I need to do alot of work to stop thinking bout her
Concentrate on yourself for a while. Work/study/hobbies. Don’t burn yourself out but focus on the things that you enjoy or will get you somewhere. Spend time with friends.

The feelings will subside with time.

She sounds complicated anyway and maybe not in the right place I would definitely give her space it would benefit both if you
She sounds complicated anyway and maybe not in the right place I would definitely give her space it would benefit both if you

Yes immensely complicated. That's y the whole relationship (as friends) imploded bc although at 1 point I was willing to wait like she wanted, I can no longer bc I'm more religious and k that it's wrong. She doesn't accept I'm trying do the right thing by our religion (we follow the same religion)
Yes immensely complicated. That's y the whole relationship (as friends) imploded bc although at 1 point I was willing to wait like she wanted, I can no longer bc I'm more religious and k that it's wrong. She doesn't accept I'm trying do the right thing by our religion (we follow the same religion)

Yea then I’d just avoid her you are clearly not meant to be
Assuming you're a student, you'll stop seeing her anyway at some point which will help you get over her. She doesn't like you (she made that clear), don't waste your feelings on her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending