The Student Room Group

Using Zineryt for acne

I’ve been using for a few weeks now the doctor provided me zineryt and yasmin contraceptive pill. I’ve seen my acne go in certain places but more stubborn areas like my chin, T zone and upper lip are still breaking out. I hope it works. Is it normal to still break out when my body is getting used too these 2 things?
I have used many things to get rid of acne, but the only thing that helped me is Roaccutane, but DO not use it without doctor!!
Reply 2
Original post by Holly951
I’ve been using for a few weeks now the doctor provided me zineryt and yasmin contraceptive pill. I’ve seen my acne go in certain places but more stubborn areas like my chin, T zone and upper lip are still breaking out. I hope it works. Is it normal to still break out when my body is getting used too these 2 things?

The same thing happened when I switched from Epiduo cream to Duac gel for acne but it got worse before it got much, much better. I also used Yasmin previously (I’ve moved on to the mini pill for other reasons) and the same thing happened there. Getting acne on your chin and T-zone is closely associated to hormonal changes so it’s fairly normal. I’d say give both prescriptions a while to work before going back to your GP/Dermatologist.

Of course, if your having worse side effects like rashes or pain, stop using it and see a doctor.
Yes the the acne pills of the zineryt and yasmin contraceptive pills might have good outcome..

Quick Reply

Latest