The Student Room Group

Birthday

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What do u do now, uni?

Well it sounds ridiculous but I actually delayed things, so this is my second gap year. I have a pretty stable job because I was an apprentice at 16, so hopefully next September is when I finally start, and honestly I cannot wait!

What about you?
Well it sounds ridiculous but I actually delayed things, so this is my second gap year. I have a pretty stable job because I was an apprentice at 16, so hopefully next September is when I finally start, and honestly I cannot wait!

What about you?

What uni? What course? Interesting, what apprenticeship? Me, well chem ICL 2nd year w 1 gap year
What uni? What course? Interesting, what apprenticeship? Me, well chem ICL 2nd year w 1 gap year

i think he might clock on, tsr user also lol.
dental hygiene and dental therapy, any uni as long as I get in it doesn’t matter, and it was a dental nursing apprenticeship, which delayed due to covid but we got there in the end.

Chemistry, very fascinating, what do you plan to do with that?
i think he might clock on, tsr user also lol.
dental hygiene and dental therapy, any uni as long as I get in it doesn’t matter, and it was a dental nursing apprenticeship, which delayed due to covid but we got there in the end.

Chemistry, very fascinating, what do you plan to do with that?

Apparently I have to do PhD according to a TSR organic chemist. So that then industry. Pharmaceuticals could be? Idk. Probably have fun in R and D department uno. Just need the knowledge. U sound like the girl I like, dentistry is her passion and her dads a Dentist.
Apparently I have to do PhD according to a TSR organic chemist. So that then industry. Pharmaceuticals could be? Idk. Probably have fun in R and D department uno. Just need the knowledge. U sound like the girl I like, dentistry is her passion and her dads a Dentist.

Oh really, did you try just going for pharmacy alone? I’ve got two friends doing pharmacy. Although I’m guessing it’s a different pathway?
What a funny coincidence, I’m crazy about teeth but my dads not a dentist.
Oh really, did you try just going for pharmacy alone? I’ve got two friends doing pharmacy. Although I’m guessing it’s a different pathway?
What a funny coincidence, I’m crazy about teeth but my dads not a dentist.

Nope I prefer chem. See a pharmacist can tell u what a drug can do but they don't k the IUPAC name of the drug since that would be too long widned. They also don't k how to synthesise it. Where I come in
Nope I prefer chem. See a pharmacist can tell u what a drug can do but they don't k the IUPAC name of the drug since that would be too long widned. They also don't k how to synthesise it. Where I come in

Ahh right I get you. You’re like the foundation for a pharmacist. (Sorry If that’s wrong, but that’s my understanding?) a bit like a dentist is for a dental therapist.
Ahh right I get you. You’re like the foundation for a pharmacist. (Sorry If that’s wrong, but that’s my understanding?) a bit like a dentist is for a dental therapist.

Ig yh. But I'd be working for a drug company synthesise drugs but R and D means looking for new ways more efficient and effective
Ig yh. But I'd be working for a drug company synthesise drugs but R and D means looking for new ways more efficient and effective

Yes whereas a pharmacist would be more involved with the dispatch.
I actually think your work would be more interesting, definitely sounds it.
Yes whereas a pharmacist would be more involved with the dispatch.
I actually think your work would be more interesting, definitely sounds it.

Yh but also depends bc there's a whole pharmacy degree dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry
Yh but also depends bc there's a whole pharmacy degree dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry

Thats true, you’ve got a point
Thats true, you’ve got a point

R u religious?
R u religious?

Why? are you?
Why? are you?

Nah just curious. Yh I am, I'm Muslim الحمد لله
Nah just curious. Yh I am, I'm Muslim الحمد لله

Oh right, me too, so I guess now I can say it wasn’t actually a break up, more a case of we shouldn’t carry on, but also not be friends. We understood it was wrong, funnily enough he was actually teaching me more about religion, things got caught up along the way I guess
Oh right, me too, so I guess now I can say it wasn’t actually a break up, more a case of we shouldn’t carry on, but also not be friends. We understood it was wrong, funnily enough he was actually teaching me more about religion, things got caught up along the way I guess

This is literally the same thing as mine. I started speaking to her to help her w A level chem and maths as she asked. She wanted to do dentistry but wasn't on track to achieve the grades. This was when I wasn't as religious and spoke freely online w women. Stuff happened and later on when I got religious الحمد لله I got rid of all the girls that were my friend except her. The rest were easy but I couldn't to her. Long story short I kept going and coming back bc uno imaan fluctuates and I got weak. I wamted to speak to her. She was definitely into me but she couldn't admit it. I wanted to be in the talks for marriage, be it in 3 years times or not, but she refused so I couldn't talk to her anymore bc it is haraam. She's in Bulgaria studying dentistry and I'm here in the UK studying chem at ICL. Rlly peculiar how our stories align so well lmao. If any1 knows what you're feeling it's definitely me
I am well and truly baffled. I mean the similarities are just untrue.
I honestly thought it was him for a minute, having a laugh, but I know it’s not.
He was the same, he studies theology, and I was his only female friend, we started talking because I needed help with A-level biology, can you believe it? Anyway he started teaching me more about religion and we got closer and to be honest we realised that we were crossing the line. He mentioned marriage, but how could we? I didn’t and don’t want to, not yet anyway. He wants to do a PhD. I haven’t even started my degree, and I might consider doing graduate entry dentistry, so it’s not ideal. We admitted our feelings and that when I felt guilt and spoke to him about it resulting in this. Crazy isn’t it..
I am well and truly baffled. I mean the similarities are just untrue.
I honestly thought it was him for a minute, having a laugh, but I know it’s not.
He was the same, he studies theology, and I was his only female friend, we started talking because I needed help with A-level biology, can you believe it? Anyway he started teaching me more about religion and we got closer and to be honest we realised that we were crossing the line. He mentioned marriage, but how could we? I didn’t and don’t want to, not yet anyway. He wants to do a PhD. I haven’t even started my degree, and I might consider doing graduate entry dentistry, so it’s not ideal. We admitted our feelings and that when I felt guilt and spoke to him about it resulting in this. Crazy isn’t it..

1 thing for sure is if you're ready and u rlly like him then u should go for it (in a halal manner), the prophet SAW said to get married as soon as u have the means. The goals and aspirations you're working towards can still be achieved whilst being married. Just as long as u have tawakkul everything will work out inshaaAllah. If not then don't dwell. Same for me. Allah knows best and maybe it's bc it's not meant to be uno, probably bc Allah has something better in store. We need sabr. Allah is testing us uno
1 thing for sure is if you're ready and u rlly like him then u should go for it (in a halal manner), the prophet SAW said to get married as soon as u have the means. The goals and aspirations you're working towards can still be achieved whilst being married. Just as long as u have tawakkul everything will work out inshaaAllah. If not then don't dwell. Same for me. Allah knows best and maybe it's bc it's not meant to be uno, probably bc Allah has something better in store. We need sabr. Allah is testing us uno

It’s great to see you have such a positive attitude to this. I on the other hand completely let myself go, hence the second gap year. You’re right though, we just have to be patient and wait for the best. Honestly I’ve come to realise over the past few months that I need to establish myself first, I need to do what I dream of becoming. If I had gone to uni the I never would have met my best friend, I nurse for her, she’s a newly graduated dentist so we’re a similar age and she has made me so much more happier.
Honestly I don’t want to get married now, I don’t think I can love anyone like that. Marrying him is out of the question because my mom and dad found out about him, because I think I actually went into a state of depression where I wouldn’t eat or sleep and was literally breaking down in tears, it’s incredibly embarrassing to admit and to think I behaved in such a manner but I was shattered. They knew something was wrong and then found out that he was a student in a religious subject and were even more disappointed that he mislead me, I took the blame said it was me. I just loved him so much I didn’t want to hear about him.
Anyway I’ll stop rambling and just say I wish I’d never met him because I can whole heartedly say this year has been the worst of my life.
However if you believe you can do it then definitely go for it, I know she’s in another country but you can wait if you’re willing to.
It’s a horrible thing to say but I’m glad somebody understands even though I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone.
It’s great to see you have such a positive attitude to this. I on the other hand completely let myself go, hence the second gap year. You’re right though, we just have to be patient and wait for the best. Honestly I’ve come to realise over the past few months that I need to establish myself first, I need to do what I dream of becoming. If I had gone to uni the I never would have met my best friend, I nurse for her, she’s a newly graduated dentist so we’re a similar age and she has made me so much more happier.
Honestly I don’t want to get married now, I don’t think I can love anyone like that. Marrying him is out of the question because my mom and dad found out about him, because I think I actually went into a state of depression where I wouldn’t eat or sleep and was literally breaking down in tears, it’s incredibly embarrassing to admit and to think I behaved in such a manner but I was shattered. They knew something was wrong and then found out that he was a student in a religious subject and were even more disappointed that he mislead me, I took the blame said it was me. I just loved him so much I didn’t want to hear about him.
Anyway I’ll stop rambling and just say I wish I’d never met him because I can whole heartedly say this year has been the worst of my life.
However if you believe you can do it then definitely go for it, I know she’s in another country but you can wait if you’re willing to.
It’s a horrible thing to say but I’m glad somebody understands even though I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone.

Yeah no we don't talk no more and she blocked me but I have a few accounts. I had to say some stuff to her and I did. Eventually she stopped blocking me. See I feel most confident about being over it when I don't think about her or keep myself busy with work. U should do the same. Is he studying at a madaaris? Alim class? Yh k I get it. Just work hard and it's not embarrassing to say but that's y Allah made it haraam to even converse unnecessarily and flirt w the opp. gender. Mine was b4 but niw I'm paying the price. Just do tawbah and pray lots. More dua and thikr. Busy yourself w deen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending