The Student Room Group

Is this respecting my boundaries or not ?

So my boyfriend does usually respect my boundaries etc, and last night I’m not sure if he did disrespect them or not. so , I like to put my leg over him when we are cuddling as it’s comfy and my boyfriend likes to have it over aswell, But last night he put his leg over mine a little and I’m not keen on him putting his leg over me fully as it puts pressure on my leg. he says it was because he was waiting for me to put my leg over his and that was the reason he put it over. Would this still be classed as not respecting boundaries? I probably sound so stupid lol but just I wanna know
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes it sounds stupid!
Reply 2
Original post by Kelivesy
Yes it sounds stupid!

So it is respecting my boundaries or not ? Im new to relationships tbh
I don’t think it really falls into that category. This is more about what you like or don’t like. He may think it odd that you are more than happy to put your leg on him so why can’t he do that to you? You say he squashed your leg but it’s not a big deal. I thought you were gonna say that he was looking through your phone etc…that is an example of not respecting your boundaries.
If you’ve told him previously that this is something that you don’t enjoy/find uncomfortable, then it’s thoughtless, (I wouldn’t count it as disrespecting boundaries myself).

If you haven’t mentioned it, or didn’t detail why, then he may simply have been reciprocating an action that he received from you.

Did you tell him this time not to do this?
if you do it to him, it's not an issue. grow up its a two way street. if he continues to do it despite u saying u dont like it then its an issue.
Reply 6
Original post by Kelivesy
I don’t think it really falls into that category. This is more about what you like or don’t like. He may think it odd that you are more than happy to put your leg on him so why can’t he do that to you? You say he squashed your leg but it’s not a big deal. I thought you were gonna say that he was looking through your phone etc…that is an example of not respecting your boundaries.

Yeah I understand. I agree with you completely, Thankyou :smile: I was just genuinely curious if it was boundary related or not as I’m clueless lol. ( haven’t really been in a serious relationship before so got no clue )
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
If you’ve told him previously that this is something that you don’t enjoy/find uncomfortable, then it’s thoughtless, (I wouldn’t count it as disrespecting boundaries myself).

If you haven’t mentioned it, or didn’t detail why, then he may simply have been reciprocating an action that he received from you.

Did you tell him this time not to do this?

Ah okay, and he did it as he was waiting for me to put my leg over him. ( so like a hint ) so no I guess? But it didn’t hurt I’m not just keen on him putting his leg over me as it squashes me lol I don’t like it.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
if you do it to him, it's not an issue. grow up its a two way street. if he continues to do it despite u saying u dont like it then its an issue.

Yeah I get that but if I don’t like something it doesnt have to be reciprocated? He likes my leg over him but I don’t like his over mine, he’s fine with it.
Original post by Miaj_27272
Yeah I get that but if I don’t like something it doesnt have to be reciprocated? He likes my leg over him but I don’t like his over mine, he’s fine with it.

Have you told him? He's not a mind reader. He doesn't know it's uncomfortable unless you tell him.
Have you told him? He's not a mind reader. He doesn't know it's uncomfortable unless you tell him.

Yes I’ve told him already before that happened
Original post by Miaj_27272
Yes I’ve told him already before that happened

Then another “hey, careful there Johnny Fatlegs, you’re really squashing me” is in order.
Then another “hey, careful there Johnny Fatlegs, you’re really squashing me” is in order.

Okay , thankssss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending