The Student Room Group

I'm getting sicker

I don't know what to do. My illness is getting worse. Hospital didn't help. Does anyone know a treatment for anorexia? I just can't eat.
Reply 1
Maybe I can lie to myself but how?
Please seek medical help my love. You deserve to feel good about yourself again. Please please talk to someone, call the NHS or if you're international an alternative. There are so many resources and places. I recommend the website Beat, they have helplines and articles and are basically very useful. Please get the help you need and find people to help you get through this. It will get better I promise :smile: sending so much love your way xx
Reply 3
Original post by sofiavxx
Please seek medical help my love. You deserve to feel good about yourself again. Please please talk to someone, call the NHS or if you're international an alternative. There are so many resources and places. I recommend the website Beat, they have helplines and articles and are basically very useful. Please get the help you need and find people to help you get through this. It will get better I promise :smile: sending so much love your way xx

I've already seeked medical help, it didn't work. I'm thinking of drinking protein shakes but when I go near that isle in a shop, I get scared. I've taken meds but that didn't help. Feeding tube didn't help either. I don't know what to do now.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
I don't know if I should take Fluoxetine. I heard that it f's up people.
Original post by Lacrimosa1
I've already seeked medical help, it didn't work. I'm thinking of drinking protein shakes but when I go near that isle in a shop, I get scared. I've taken meds but that didn't help. Feeding tube didn't help either. I don't know what to do now.

What is the team looking after you ED saying?
Reply 6
Original post by black tea
What is the team looking after you ED saying?

CBT-E. Had it before but didn't work. They suggest that I have it again
From personal experience, I can say that a second round of CBT can be helpful even if the first wasn't. Fluoxetine isn't the most effective SSRI - if you can, you should ask for escitalopram or sertraline, which are more effective with fewer side-effects - and remember that if you decide to try one, you can come off whenever you like (just speak to your GP first). It's worth anything that helps. Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by AlexVojProc
From personal experience, I can say that a second round of CBT can be helpful even if the first wasn't. Fluoxetine isn't the most effective SSRI - if you can, you should ask for escitalopram or sertraline, which are more effective with fewer side-effects - and remember that if you decide to try one, you can come off whenever you like (just speak to your GP first). It's worth anything that helps. Good luck :smile:

Thanks for the advise, I'll try.
Original post by Lacrimosa1
CBT-E. Had it before but didn't work. They suggest that I have it again

As above, it could be more helpful if it's with a different therapist or you are in a different frame of mind. Trying it again won't do any harm, and you can always stop if you don't think it's helping.
Pineapples are tremendous for this sort of thing

Quick Reply

Latest