The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham college choice

Hi everyone,
I was thinking about applying to Durham but not sure of the best college. I love playing football, so a college that is located near or sport facilities or has a few football teams would be great. I'd also like to cook myself, so would opt against catered accommodation. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I was thinking about applying to Durham but not sure of the best college. I love playing football, so a college that is located near or sport facilities or has a few football teams would be great. I'd also like to cook myself, so would opt against catered accommodation. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help

Collingwood College is a large college at Durham and has won the sports competition for years but it is catered so doesn’t fit the self catered wish.

You have to put one college code on your ucas but in the last two years they do send out a ranking form if you are offered a place and that is what they use to consider the accommodation. So you don’t need to decide now.

Self catered halls tend to be South, John Snow, Stephenson and Josephine Butler.

some catered halls have the odd self catered group of rooms though. Hope this helps! Good luck with the application.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest