The Student Room Group

Target Oxbridge interview

I have my target oxbridge interview in 2 days so does anyone have any tips on how to approach the article/how to prepare for the interview? I've applied for history and politics btw

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All the best! mine is in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure how to prepare for it either
Original post by Jnlmm
All the best! mine is in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure how to prepare for it either

tysm! i ended up making notes and comments about the article and kinda formulating an opinion on it. what subject are you applying for?
Reply 3
Original post by aklikethechoppa
tysm! i ended up making notes and comments about the article and kinda formulating an opinion on it. what subject are you applying for?

That's a really good Idea, I'm applying for HSPS! I'm assuming you've already had the interview by now, how did it go?
Original post by Jnlmm
That's a really good Idea, I'm applying for HSPS! I'm assuming you've already had the interview by now, how did it go?

ibr, idk how the interview went cause my interviewer asked me the same question twice at the beginning and the end so idk if she was looking for a particular answer. there's nothing I can do now tho, God willing I get a place cause icl I really want one😭HSPS sounds really interesting, what a levels are you doing?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
ibr, idk how the interview went cause my interviewer asked me the same question twice at the beginning and the end so idk if she was looking for a particular answer. there's nothing I can do now tho, God willing I get a place cause icl I really want one😭HSPS sounds really interesting, what a levels are you doing?

Looking through the past cohort's threads, they all said the same thing! and many of whom still got places. You can never truly understand how well you've done in an interview/ exam, until you get results back so don't worry about it too much. God willing you will get a place! I do Politics, economics and French, Abu?
I have my target oxbridge interview in 2 days so does anyone have any tips on how to approach the article/how to prepare for the interview? I've applied for history and politics btw

Original post by Jnlmm

hi! I applied for TO last year and got in for law - I could maybe give you tips on how to prepare if your course is similar to mine
Original post by Jnlmm
Looking through the past cohort's threads, they all said the same thing! and many of whom still got places. You can never truly understand how well you've done in an interview/ exam, until you get results back so don't worry about it too much. God willing you will get a place! I do Politics, economics and French, Abu?

History, Politics and Psychology and yh in the days leading up to my interview i was just endlessly reading past cohort threads lol. how are you finding politics?
Original post by Unknownx12
hi! I applied for TO last year and got in for law - I could maybe give you tips on how to prepare if your course is similar to mine

i've done my interview now but thank you for offering! how are you finding TO?
Reply 9
Hi I have my TO interview next week and I want to study HSPS so I would love any tips! ♥️
Original post by txpe
Hi I have my TO interview next week and I want to study HSPS so I would love any tips! ♥️

good luck! its really interview season😂
Reply 11

That would be incredibly helpful thanks!!
Reply 12
History, Politics and Psychology and yh in the days leading up to my interview i was just endlessly reading past cohort threads lol. how are you finding politics?

Politics is soo interesting for me so far. We have a really good teacher so even for the boring topics it's still engaging
Original post by Jnlmm
Politics is soo interesting for me so far. We have a really good teacher so even for the boring topics it's still engaging

yeah same, all my subjects are pretty cool tbh
i've done my interview now but thank you for offering! how are you finding TO?

its rlly good - you get everything from finding the right course early, interview prep and admission test prep. I think your cohort will be luckier and might actually get to visit Oxbridge
Original post by txpe

if you have any reading material, they really analyse it and its okay to use the internet to guide you in some parts. However, the most important thing is showing passion. A girl I know got into the self-study programme cuz when she interviewed for law it was rlly obvious she was not passionate like that but when she later changed to HistoPol later one she got moved into the main programme!
its rlly good - you get everything from finding the right course early, interview prep and admission test prep. I think your cohort will be luckier and might actually get to visit Oxbridge

all the support they give you is a reason why i really want to get onto the program
heya, I'm not part of the TO programme but can I ask what you mean by an "article"? I've also applied for history and politics; if we get an interview, is there going to be some kind of source we need to analyse during it? I know there was in previous years but I thought I'd heard that they were scrapping it - could be wrong though! sorry to bother you all haha thanks for any help :smile:
Original post by franklyfruity
heya, I'm not part of the TO programme but can I ask what you mean by an "article"? I've also applied for history and politics; if we get an interview, is there going to be some kind of source we need to analyse during it? I know there was in previous years but I thought I'd heard that they were scrapping it - could be wrong though! sorry to bother you all haha thanks for any help :smile:

are you referring to the actual admissions interviews for the university of oxford/cambridge? if so then im in year 12 so i haven't applied😭this thread is on about the interviews for target oxbridge, the access program. for the target oxbridge interviews they use articles
Original post by Jnlmm

how was ur hsps interview if u have had it yet? im also applying for hsps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending