The Student Room Group

University of St Andrews A101 / ScotGEM 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FutureMissMRCS
58. Interviews 25th Jan, 26th,27th. Or 3rd February. You have until 1st December to tell them if you can't do any of those dates but I don't know my exam date for uni yet 😥and won't know till past 1st December.

What was your unweighted score? I got 59 unweighted/60 weighted, with each section over the minimum cut off of 50. So not sure why I've not heard anything.
Original post by londongirl1
What was your unweighted score? I got 59 unweighted/60 weighted, with each section over the minimum cut off of 50. So not sure why I've not heard anything.

55 S1, 60 S2, 59 S3. Maybe check your junk mail? Did you do the survey a month ago? Do you have much care experience?
55 S1, 60 S2, 59 S3. Maybe check your junk mail? Did you do the survey a month ago? Do you have much care experience?

Thanks. :smile: I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't have got it. It's not in my junk mail, I have loads of relevant work experience, did the questionnaire on time and meet the other entrance requirements. I've emailed them to check what GAMSAT score they have for me and also whether they're sending interviews out in batches. Strange. :frown:
Thanks. :smile: I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't have got it. It's not in my junk mail, I have loads of relevant work experience, did the questionnaire on time and meet the other entrance requirements. I've emailed them to check what GAMSAT score they have for me and also whether they're sending interviews out in batches. Strange. :frown:

I have no idea how they're deciding who is getting an interview then.did you do the fee status survey?
I have no idea how they're deciding who is getting an interview then.did you do the fee status survey?

Don't think I got that this year. I did apply before though and remember doing that then, so might be that they don't need me to do that again. Not sure.
Don't think I got that this year. I did apply before though and remember doing that then, so might be that they don't need me to do that again. Not sure.

Did you get an interview last year?
Did you get an interview last year?

No. I missed the cut off last year.
No. I missed the cut off last year.

What was the cut off last year
Reply 88
What GAMSAT score did you get out of interest?

I got 57, so I'm staying hopeful I get a positive result from ScotGEM as I'm higher than the cut off so who knows how they're working it out.
What was the cut off last year

I think it was 58 last year.
Any idea what the cut off is this year? Basically I need to sit my chemistry alevel buuuuut it’s £300 lol. Wanted to know if I would be in with a chance of interview with 56? As don’t want to spend that money really if I have no chance :frown:
Reply 91
Original post by tree.diddy
Any idea what the cut off is this year? Basically I need to sit my chemistry alevel buuuuut it’s £300 lol. Wanted to know if I would be in with a chance of interview with 56? As don’t want to spend that money really if I have no chance :frown:

Is this 56 weighted or unweighted? Someone here got an interview with a score of 58 so it's a squeeze, but the cut off on their site is 50 so you're still in the playing field
Reply 92
Original post by tjm0
I got 57, so I'm staying hopeful I get a positive result from ScotGEM as I'm higher than the cut off so who knows how they're working it out.

Rooting for all of you that are still waiting! Just a heads up, I think the cut off was 58 last year. Hopefully it has gone down but you never know. They also take the personal statement and A-level Chemistry into account. Fingers crossed you hear something today!
Original post by tjm0
Is this 56 weighted or unweighted? Someone here got an interview with a score of 58 so it's a squeeze, but the cut off on their site is 50 so you're still in the playing field

So I have a 2:1 in biochemistry
S1 57 S2 56 S3 55
Shall I list work experience too or?
Original post by tjm0

And last year I got 61, 55 and 54
Reply 95
The spreadsheet isn’t super accurate - as it relies on whoever inputs, cut off last year was 51 so stay hopeful!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/773762/response/1852631/attach/3/ResponseV1.0.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by shing
The spreadsheet isn’t super accurate - as it relies on whoever inputs, cut off last year was 51 so stay hopeful!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/773762/response/1852631/attach/3/ResponseV1.0.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Aw this is very promising!
Reply 97
Original post by shing

The 51 is for 2020 entry though. Not 2021 entry…
Reply 98
Original post by Docjae
The 51 is for 2020 entry though. Not 2021 entry…

That is true - but I doubt the min cut of will vary much from the 50/51 trend over the past 3 years… though it’s not impossible!
Original post by shing
That is true - but I doubt the min cut of will vary much from the 50/51 trend over the past 3 years… though it’s not impossible!

Wait what has minimum interview score been?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending