The Student Room Group

UCLan A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I found that it’s extremely similar to Keeles R+R form...so I think I could possible get this form complete today
Original post by Leaf.
Bloody hell, well done. Yeah mines really of the volunteering nature too.

How was your reference? I had my uni university tutor do mine, but I’m 150% sure he didn’t even check the guidance from uclan. Prob get 0 points there 😭😭 how was yours

I didnt read my reference
But last year it was one of the best ones in my college
Btw I'm on a gap year
I did send the guidance to my college , I'm sure my headteacher used it correctly
Reply 102
Original post by samiii_00
I found that it’s extremely similar to Keeles R+R form...so I think I could possible get this form complete today

yess I just had a look too! similar to forms that other unis want - so hopefuly not too difficult to fill in!

can we write the same things as the stuff in our ps?
Original post by sarahjanesmith
can we write the same things as the stuff in our ps?

I don’t see why not...that’s ur experience :smile:
I guyz I have some questions
1st of all is the TSS form used to shortlist candidates for interviews or is it only sent to those who will be invited for an interview
Does having more work experiences make a difference I only have volunteered in a care home I dont have any other work experince
I have done online stuff but does tht even count .
I have also done the nuffield research project but again they arent asking for that sort of work experince
Original post by tecna
I guyz I have some questions
1st of all is the TSS form used to shortlist candidates for interviews or is it only sent to those who will be invited for an interview
Does having more work experiences make a difference I only have volunteered in a care home I dont have any other work experince
I have done online stuff but does tht even count .
I have also done the nuffield research project but again they arent asking for that sort of work experince

I think all applicants got sent it so it’s probs used alongside other qualifications to shortlist for an interview. Also care home is a great work experience addition, shows that ur helping out within ur community alongside ur academics. I think medschools are more interested in things like that rather than shadowing doctors as it shows ur actively involved rather than just standing around watching people do their jobs.
I think all applicants got sent it so it’s probs used alongside other qualifications to shortlist for an interview. Also care home is a great work experience addition, shows that ur helping out within ur community alongside ur academics. I think medschools are more interested in things like that rather than shadowing doctors as it shows ur actively involved rather than just standing around watching people do their jobs.

I believe only home students have received this
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 108
Hi everyone. I applied in October but I didn’t even receive a confirmation email or any sort of acknowledgement from them. I’m an international student and applied using their website and there it says that my application has been processed. Did everyone else get a confirmation email? Is there something wrong with my application which made it not go through properly?
Original post by Nioo
Hi everyone. I applied in October but I didn’t even receive a confirmation email or any sort of acknowledgement from them. I’m an international student and applied using their website and there it says that my application has been processed. Did everyone else get a confirmation email? Is there something wrong with my application which made it not go through properly?

I got a confirmation email. Email them or call. This is their international: [email protected]
Reply 110
Can you please send me their international phone number? Thank you so much for the reply btw 💖
Hi
Guyz im really anxious
I have only volunteered at a care home and nothing else I have done the nuffield research project and the epq etc but that doesnt come under volunteering and shadowing experience
R u guyz writing about online work experience
I'm talking about the tss form
Reply 112
Original post by tecna
Hi
Guyz im really anxious
I have only volunteered at a care home and nothing else I have done the nuffield research project and the epq etc but that doesnt come under volunteering and shadowing experience

Original post by tecna
Hi
Guyz im really anxious

I’m just gonna write about all experiences.

Btw when Is the form due
Original post by Leaf.
I’m just gonna write about all experiences.

Btw when Is the form due

On the email it said no later than Monday 13th December
Reply 114
Original post by Unknown3598
On the email it said no later than Monday 13th December

Great so we got some time then that’s good. Bloody hell though thinking about it if it’s all the way in December they then have to shortlist us for interviews etc so that stage will probably be January omg
Reply 115
Original post by Leaf.
Great so we got some time then that’s good. Bloody hell though thinking about it if it’s all the way in December they then have to shortlist us for interviews etc so that stage will probably be January omg

Are u a home student or an international student?
Reply 116
Original post by Nioo
Are u a home student or an international student?

home student. how about yourself?
Reply 117
Original post by Leaf.
home student. how about yourself?

International. I’m pretty sure I messed up my application 😭😭 waiting for a response though so wish me luck
Reply 118
Original post by Nioo
International. I’m pretty sure I messed up my application 😭😭 waiting for a response though so wish me luck

What makes you think you messed up your application? Tbf I think after we all clicked submit we feel we could have done more lol

Have your started the form thing they sent? For some reason I don’t have the motivation to start it lol. Just a little annoyed that all other uni forms have been done long before and now we have do another

Anywaysss good luck!!
Original post by Nioo

Idt any of the international students have received the tss form

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending