The Student Room Group

anyone else feel really low

anyone?
Reply 1
Yeah :smile:. I think a large workload is quite stressful though.
Original post by Anonymous
anyone?

Yep
yes sadly :frown: every day of my life just feels like it's getting worse sometimes! hope you're all doing okay x
anyone?

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling low. Remember you are not alone.

It is a very tough time of year! Seasonal depression affects so many, I know the dark nights and cold weather can really get me down. It is also now that point in the academic year when we are all ready for the holidays and it can feel like a haul.

I would recommend that you make sure you are taking time for yourself and to do things that you love. It could be as simple as reading a book you love or watching one of your favourite films but that hour or so can really lift your mood!

If you are still struggling, make sure you talk to someone you trust. Whether it is a friend or a wellbeing service at your university or school, you may find talking can alleviate anything that is on your mind. My TSR messages are always open!

I hope this helps,
Lydia :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling low. Remember you are not alone.

It is a very tough time of year! Seasonal depression affects so many, I know the dark nights and cold weather can really get me down. It is also now that point in the academic year when we are all ready for the holidays and it can feel like a haul.

I would recommend that you make sure you are taking time for yourself and to do things that you love. It could be as simple as reading a book you love or watching one of your favourite films but that hour or so can really lift your mood!

If you are still struggling, make sure you talk to someone you trust. Whether it is a friend or a wellbeing service at your university or school, you may find talking can alleviate anything that is on your mind. My TSR messages are always open!

I hope this helps,
Lydia :smile:

Thanks you for this
Reply 6
Everyone here at uni?
I'm literally feeling the same
Everyone here at uni?

yeah im at uni
im doing medicine
Reply 9
yeah im at uni
im doing medicine

City or campus? if you don't mind me asking
City or campus? if you don't mind me asking

campus uni, kinda boring area
Yep. Very very low. I don't know when I'll be out.
Not today, surprisingly. But I do get quite low occasionally.
(edited 2 years ago)
campus uni, kinda boring area

Yeh same, I've not even moved in yet
Yeh same, I've not even moved in yet

Not to mention that when I arrived my bed hadn't even been cleaned properly
But Im actually feeling Better than when I posted last
Something that might help is a good meal that you've cooked at home. It clears the mind and is almost meditative. So try having a really good meal.

What's funny is I've actually been considering this
Not to mention that when I arrived my bed hadn't even been cleaned properly
But Im actually feeling Better than when I posted last
Something that might help is a good meal that you've cooked at home. It clears the mind and is almost meditative. So try having a really good meal.

It's quite cyclical in the way it comes and goes. I will try that though
Me, not everyday though.
(edited 2 years ago)
It's quite cyclical in the way it comes and goes. I will try that though

you can always come back to this thread for a chat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending