The Student Room Group

Ofcom Graduate Scheme 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Saffa2021
I’m sure you did great! I without a doubt did terribly on mine (I got more than half of the questions wrong on the practice exercises), but by some luck I made it through lol. Hang in there and all the best, hoping they get back to you ASAP ✨✨

I just received an email saying I passed it and onto the VI. I did notice something odd lol. They said I passed the numerical test which I didn’t even do😭
Original post by SLT15
I just received an email saying I passed it and onto the VI. I did notice something odd lol. They said I passed the numerical test which I didn’t even do😭

Maybe it’s an automated email if you reach the bench mark, as only certain schemes do the numerical? Although I am sceptical as to whether everyone completes all stages and then Ofcom sift them after because I did really terribly in the numerical test and got invited to the VI
Reply 42
Original post by AshleaJade
Maybe it’s an automated email if you reach the bench mark, as only certain schemes do the numerical? Although I am sceptical as to whether everyone completes all stages and then Ofcom sift them after because I did really terribly in the numerical test and got invited to the VI

From what I know on last years intake. It seems like brightnetwork does the first sifting and then ofcom sifts further. I honestly think we wouldn’t have made it to the VI if we atleast didn’t meet the benchmark as thats alot of VIs to go through. I wish we got feedback on each stage as its hard to know where I failed last year
Reply 43
Original post by SLT15

✨✨✨ Ahhh fantastic news!!!!! Congratulations. That’s strange, I didn’t even notice that before, but my email also says I passed the numerical reasoning test, perhaps a typo.

I did my VI on Saturday night lol, honestly it could go either way for me. All the best with yours.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by AshleaJade
Has anyone completed the video interview yet? I assume it’s the STAR style questions?

Yeah completed mine on Saturday.

Questions:
- explain Ofcom to a friend
- which sector of the business you’d like to work for and why
- what values of the business align with your own/what are your values and how do they align with theirs.
- And a question about what you would do if a colleague asked for help when you’re on a deadline.
Reply 45
✨✨✨ Ahhh fantastic news!!!!! Congratulations. That’s strange, I didn’t even notice that before, but my email also says I passed the numerical reasoning test, perhaps a typo.

I did my VI on Saturday night lol, honestly it could go either way for me. All the best with yours.

Thank you🥺 Honestly you’ll have smashed it don’t worry☺️
Reply 46

Questions:
- what values of the business align with your own/what are your values and how do they align with theirs.
- And a question about what you would do if a colleague asked for help when you’re on a deadline.

You’re such a gem🥺🌟
Reply 47
All my stages are taking very long I completed the online tests about a week ago still no response anyone have had this happen as I feel most are openinf immediately
Reply 48
Any idea on how to prep for VI im guessing we dont all have the same questions... Idk
Reply 49

Questions:

Did you hear back after your VI?
Reply 50
Finished my VI. I cannot express how much I hate VIs :frown:
Reply 51
Original post by SLT15
Did you hear back after your VI?

Hi yes I did, made through to shortlisting 🎉🎉🎉! How about you?
Reply 52
Original post by SLT15
Finished my VI. I cannot express how much I hate VIs :frown:

Sameeeeeee. Because of my anxiety, I always feel they don’t allow me to show the best of who I am/my skills.
Reply 53
Hi yes I did, made through to shortlisting 🎉🎉🎉! How about you?

Congratulations on being shortlisted!✨How long did it take to hear back? I only completed it this morning😭😭 not hopeful
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by SLT15
How long did it take to hear back? I only completed it this morning😭😭 not hopeful

I heard back after about 2 weeks, I completed the VI on 13 Nov and heard back yesterday. All the best, I’m sure you will hear back soon!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 55
I heard back after about 2 weeks, I completed the VI on 13 Nov and heard back yesterday. All the best, I’m sure you will hear back soon!

Congratulations on being shortlisted I have a long wait 😭
Reply 56
Original post by SLT15
Congratulations on being shortlisted I have a long wait 😭

Hang in there, let’s hope they take less time to responding to you!
Reply 57

Hopefully before the deadline🤞🏽
Reply 58

Omg I just got an email saying my VI has been progressed and they’ll do the shortlisting to compare after the deadline. Is that what yours said too? -

Thank you for completing the video interview for your application to the Ofcom - Policy, Enforcement & Research Graduate 2022 opportunity. I am pleased to confirm that your video interview met the required benchmark to progress into the shortlisting stage.

In this stage, we will be reviewing your application, test and video scores together, alongside all other applicants that get this far, to select who will be shortlisted and submitted directly to Ofcom. Ofcom will then decide on the candidates to invite to assessment centre.

We hope to complete the shortlisting by the end of December so please bear with us for now, and assessment centres will be ~February.
Reply 59
Original post by SLT15
Omg I just got an email saying my VI has been progressed and they’ll do the shortlisting to compare after the deadline. Is that what yours said too? -

Thank you for completing the video interview for your application to the Ofcom - Policy, Enforcement & Research Graduate 2022 opportunity. I am pleased to confirm that your video interview met the required benchmark to progress into the shortlisting stage.

In this stage, we will be reviewing your application, test and video scores together, alongside all other applicants that get this far, to select who will be shortlisted and submitted directly to Ofcom. Ofcom will then decide on the candidates to invite to assessment centre.

We hope to complete the shortlisting by the end of December so please bear with us for now, and assessment centres will be ~February.

YES 🎉🎉🎉🎉 congratulations! Got the same one.

Quick Reply

Latest