The Student Room Group

Anorexia and the brain

I got slapped on the side of my face by a person who I don't want to state due to privacy reasons.
He slapped me really hard and on that day, I had a powerful migraine. I drank some coffee and fell asleep. When I woke up, there was blood on the pillow. Is this linked to my anorexia, the head bleeding or was it the slap?

Scroll to see replies

I really suggest you go and check in with a doctor, because unless you noticed any blood after the slap, then it would be it. Please seek help from doctor/any family member, because whoever did it whether, it's as close as your dad has no right to do that to you. Stay safe and get well soon.
Reply 2
Original post by roses_are_rosie
I really suggest you go and check in with a doctor, because unless you noticed any blood after the slap, then it would be it. Please seek help from doctor/any family member, because whoever did it whether, it's as close as your dad has no right to do that to you. Stay safe and get well soon.

How do you know who slapped me?
Get medical advice asap.
You can call 111 or contact them online.
Reply 4
Ok
Original post by Anonymous
How do you know who slapped me?

You know when you know. Please speak to someone girl, are you okay right now? Are you hurt/bleeding?
Reply 6
You know when you know. Please speak to someone girl, are you okay right now? Are you hurt/bleeding?

I was bleeding a lot
I was bleeding a lot

has it stopped now? Can you feel any place that has a cut/injury? is it coming from the place he slapped you?
did you have a nose bleed?
Reply 9
has it stopped now? Can you feel any place that has a cut/injury? is it coming from the place he slapped you?

Ye, it's stopped. I feel some pain and can feel a littlehole...Maybe my skin has peeled? Ye, near the place
Original post by black tea
did you have a nose bleed?

No, not this time.
Ye, it's stopped. I feel some pain and can feel a littlehole...Maybe my skin has peeled? Ye, near the place

oh im glad! does your mum know about this? have you talked ti her about it? is it because your dad is under the influence of alcohol or is he usually like this?

So the bleeding has come from the injury. That's normal and I don't see what your eating disorder has to do with it. The fact you are being slapped is not normal though. Hope you are doing OK.
(edited 2 years ago)
oh im glad! does your mum know about this? have you talked ti her about it? is it because your dad is under the influence of alcohol or is he usually like this?

He is usually like this. Mom is worse. She supports his ways.
Original post by black tea
So the bleeding has come from the injury. That's normal and I don't see what your eating disorder has to do with it. The fact you are being slapped is not normal though. Hope you are doing OK.

I'm not doing OK. I just broke up with my only friend and my life just got worse. My parents are very strict and manipulative. Peer pressure and gaslighting are two of some of the things my parents do to me
I'm not doing OK. I just broke up with my only friend and my life just got worse. My parents are very strict and manipulative. Peer pressure and gaslighting are two of some of the things my parents do to me

You are in treatment for your eating disorder. Do CAMHS know about the fact you are being abused by your parents?
(edited 2 years ago)
He is usually like this. Mom is worse. She supports his ways.

how would you feel talking to someone about your situation as the environment is not fit for a growing teenager? Does the abuse happen often? Have you tried counselling/therapy? Have you talked to someone about your situation? Just know that everything will get better, and you are not alone okay?
This is straight up child abuse - you need to contact childline or your school or police asap
I've done everything I could but it's so hard. My friends made me feel so much better but now, now I'm just lost and confused. I didn't even know this was abuse. I thought this happened to everyone. I told police about dad. At first mum was relieved but then she started crying, shouting and screaming at me. It's like she's got slolkhome syndrome.
Now that you've mentioned it, I'll talk about it in therapy

Quick Reply

Latest