The Student Room Group

Lancaster University A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know when interview invites coming out?
Reply 21
Does anyone know last years BMAT cut off for interview? Also when do Lancaster send interviews?
Original post by Ah1236
Does anyone know last years BMAT cut off for interview? Also when do Lancaster send interviews?

I believe it was 10.5
I got 11.7 in bmat do u think I have a chance for interview? Also does anyone know if they are online or in person
Original post by ddewfield
I got 11.7 in bmat do u think I have a chance for interview? Also does anyone know if they are online or in person

** For 2019 entry, we invited to interview applicants with a broader range of BMAT scores than is typical, including some applicants with total BMAT scores less than 10.5 who would not normally be called for interview. We have reviewed this approach and it is unlikely that we will repeat this practice for 2020 entry; the BMAT cut off is more likely to be in keeping with previous years (10.5 and above)*

No statements have been released yet on the interview format
Hello everyone,
I got 13A for my BMAT, I’m a gap year student but it’s my first time applying for Lancaster. Is this a competitive score for anyone who’s more familiar?
Original post by Ah1236

The lowest I saw on last years thread for 2021 entry was 10.2 to be called for interview. I don't know if they were contextual, hope this helps.
Original post by infamousxpert
The lowest I saw on last years thread for 2021 entry was 10.2 to be called for interview. I don't know if they were contextual, hope this helps.

Is this s1+s2?
Reply 28
Original post by Wiktoria.G
Is this s1+s2?

No it’s all the 3 sections combined score
hi! I got 5.4, 3.9 and 3A, do you guys think this is enough to get me an interview at Lancaster? thanks <3
10.4 total. This isn't enough is it? :frown:
Original post by FV2
hi! I got 5.4, 3.9 and 3A, do you guys think this is enough to get me an interview at Lancaster? thanks <3

I'd say yes. 10.5 seems to be the cut off and it seems like this year will be in line with this as well. Congrats on your score :smile:
Original post by Effyd123

F
Original post by Effyd123

In an email I got last week from them they said they are shortlisting at the end of this week so now
Original post by Wiktoria.G
F

In an email I got last week from them they said they are shortlisting at the end of this week so now

End of this week? They told me in 2-3 weeks?
Original post by Funnyjam3728
End of this week? They told me in 2-3 weeks?

well shortlisting is one thing, it will then take them time to actually finish it and send rejections or interview invitations
I'd say yes. 10.5 seems to be the cut off and it seems like this year will be in line with this as well. Congrats on your score

Thank you!!!
On the Lancaster website it says the candidates are ranked in order of their boat score, soo is 10.5 the cut off for the ranking?
Original post by FV2
Thank you!!!
On the Lancaster website it says the candidates are ranked in order of their boat score, soo is 10.5 the cut off for the ranking?

They haven't stated that it will be 10.5 but personally i dont think it should jump too much from 10.5. I'd say 12.3 is safe but obviously I cant tell the future. Also, no problem :smile:
They haven't stated that it will be 10.5 but personally i dont think it should jump too much from 10.5. I'd say 12.3 is safe but obviously I cant tell the future. Also, no problem :smile:

Hi all,

I don't do medicine at Lancaster University but I would suggest contacting General Enquiries for the medical school if this is an issue that is worrying you.
I wish you all good luck!

Hope this helps.
Jake (third year at Lancaster University)
Hi guys I got 11.7 in total but does anyone know if Lancaster has individual cut-off scores for each of the individual sections? Also, do we need to send the results to the admissions board or do they automatically receive them?
Original post by bangtann123
Hi guys I got 11.7 in total but does anyone know if Lancaster has individual cut-off scores for each of the individual sections? Also, do we need to send the results to the admissions board or do they automatically receive them?

They say on their website that they total the three sections. There is no mention anywhere that I have seen of required scores for individual sections. For UK medical schools, they receive the BMAT scores because you will have named the ones you applied to when you registered for the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending