The Student Room Group

What do I do?!

Using UCAS Apply 2021, I was able to apply for the January 2021 intakes for midwifery for both University of Bolton, and Teesside University. Not only was this an option on UCAS, but for Bolton specifically, the official Bolton website has a link to apply to the Jan 2021 course directly (which I also planned to filled in if I was required to do so).

I submitted my applications the DAY the UCAS Apply 2021 opened.

However, I have emailed both universities, and both have confirmed that they are NOT accepting applications for the January 2021 intakes, even though it is an option on UCAS and on the Bolton website.

I’m honestly not sure what to do now.. especially because I’m disappointed at the fact that I was able to apply for something that didn’t exist, but also because I’ve used up 2 out of 5 choices on courses that technically don’t exist because they’re full/not recruiting anymore.
Original post by danuuutka
Using UCAS Apply 2021, I was able to apply for the January 2021 intakes for midwifery for both University of Bolton, and Teesside University. Not only was this an option on UCAS, but for Bolton specifically, the official Bolton website has a link to apply to the Jan 2021 course directly (which I also planned to filled in if I was required to do so).

I submitted my applications the DAY the UCAS Apply 2021 opened.

However, I have emailed both universities, and both have confirmed that they are NOT accepting applications for the January 2021 intakes, even though it is an option on UCAS and on the Bolton website.

I’m honestly not sure what to do now.. especially because I’m disappointed at the fact that I was able to apply for something that didn’t exist, but also because I’ve used up 2 out of 5 choices on courses that technically don’t exist because they’re full/not recruiting anymore.

Are you within 14 days of sending off your form? If you are, you can change your mind to other courses without any penalty.

If you aren't, you could highlight to UCAS that it was their error that allowed you to add these courses and they might allow you to change them.
If the course is formally discontinued for the Jan intake you can reset those choices.
Contact UCAS asap.
Reply 3
Can anyone help me I done an access to he course , I do not meet the requirements for midwifery as you need distinctions, I have some merits and passes.Does anyone have on any advice on what I should do, will they even look at my application?Any advice welcomed.
Original post by Don1122
Can anyone help me I done an access to he course , I do not meet the requirements for midwifery as you need distinctions, I have some merits and passes.Does anyone have on any advice on what I should do, will they even look at my application?Any advice welcomed.

Look at midwifery courses with foundation year. Some accept distinction or a merit
Reply 5
Original post by Satori Tendō
Look at midwifery courses with foundation year. Some accept distinction or a merit

Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending