The Student Room Group

Large Ensuite Accomodation in Garden Halls (catered near UCL)

Hi people,

I won't be going to my accommodation in Garden Halls so if anyone is interested please DM me :smile:.

It's a large ensuite room catered at Garden Halls.

Thank you guys :smile:
Reply 1
I'm interested! However I can't send private messages because I'm new to TSR. Could I get more information?
Reply 2
Original post by kokiri11
Hi people,

I won't be going to my accommodation in Garden Halls so if anyone is interested please DM me :smile:.

Original post by snowfire
I'm interested! However I can't send private messages because I'm new to TSR. Could I get more information?

Hi @kokiri11 and @snowfire - there are some important steps to ensure that neither of you are ripped off by the landlord when changing the tenancy in this way. Two main things to watch for:

1) Admin fees: Is the landlord charging a fee for this tenancy change?

2) Both of your security depposits: has the landlord confirmed what their intended approach is? Mistakes here could cost you both a lot of money - the new tenant just refunding the old tenant their security deposit for example is to be avoided.
Reply 3
Original post by GMDB
Hi @kokiri11 and @snowfire - there are some important steps to ensure that neither of you are ripped off by the landlord when changing the tenancy in this way. Two main things to watch for:

1) Admin fees: Is the landlord charging a fee for this tenancy change?

2) Both of your security depposits: has the landlord confirmed what their intended approach is? Mistakes here could cost you both a lot of money - the new tenant just refunding the old tenant their security deposit for example is to be avoided.

Thank you for the advice! So for security deposits, it is better to have it paid back to the old tenant first, and then the new tenant pay it to the landlord?
Reply 4
Thank you for the advice! So for security deposits, it is better to have it paid back to the old tenant first, and then the new tenant pay it to the landlord?

In my view (and in the view of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme), yes :smile:

Once your name is no longer on the tenancy agreement (request proof of this) and you have received your deposit back in full from the landlord via the deposit protection scheme, then you have nothing to worry about. However landlords can cut corners and not update tenancy agreements or try it on with deposit deductions.

If you have any issues, or just want to run the landlord's proposed process by me, just DM me or reply to this thread and I can advise further.
Hi people,

Hi I'm interested!
Hi @kokiri11 are you still looking for someone to take over? I would be interested to take your place!
Hi people,

hii i am interested but could i get more information pls?
I also have a room at garden halls that I'd like to give up (catered, ensuite). Let me know if any of you are interested
Original post by Jasjeet04
I also have a room at garden halls that I'd like to give up (catered, ensuite). Let me know if any of you are interested

hey!! i am!! dm me @laloktener on insta
Reply 10

@snowfire @kokiri11 just wanted to check if everything has gone OK with your tenant swap? Has the landlord returned the full deposit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending