The Student Room Group

how to contact st johns ambulence

I really want to volunteer with St Johns ambulance but the problem is i applied at the start of October and they emailed me at the end of October that they will be in touch for an interview haven't heard from them even though I have emailed them a lot of times and when i call the volunteering team the phone just gets cut off.

I applied for a different role and got an interview straight away just for them to cancel it and send one email saying they aren't recruiting external candidates in my area and another one saying I applied too early before the job was officially live even though it was on their volunteering page, nd they will be in touch when the start recruiting (which i doubt).

They even wrote "If you still think this is our fault please email the email that sent you the invitation" firstly whose fault is it then and also the interview offer and cancellation both came from the same email.

What should do now, just book another interview and see what they do?
Original post by Anonymous
I really want to volunteer with St Johns ambulance but the problem is i applied at the start of October and they emailed me at the end of October that they will be in touch for an interview haven't heard from them even though I have emailed them a lot of times and when i call the volunteering team the phone just gets cut off.

I applied for a different role and got an interview straight away just for them to cancel it and send one email saying they aren't recruiting external candidates in my area and another one saying I applied too early before the job was officially live even though it was on their volunteering page, nd they will be in touch when the start recruiting (which i doubt).

They even wrote "If you still think this is our fault please email the email that sent you the invitation" firstly whose fault is it then and also the interview offer and cancellation both came from the same email.

What should do now, just book another interview and see what they do?

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate events. Does your school/ college have a work experience/ voluntary placement coordinator, who may know of individuals within St John's ambulance, to help you get a position there.

Perhaps you could also google regional phone numbers for St Johns ambulance and ask them.

Hope you get your placement. Do let me know if it works out.
Reply 2
It’s been an extremely busy time in St John, with massive recruitment to help with vaccination and a lot of change in the organisation too. I think the time will come when things work out for you. Just keep trying from time to time and for a variety of roles, what would you like to do? Once you’re in the organisation you can move in different directions. If you can make some personal contact by phone or writing a letter this might help. And if you are in a uni with links to St John this would be a good way too
Reply 3
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate events. Does your school/ college have a work experience/ voluntary placement coordinator, who may know of individuals within St John's ambulance, to help you get a position there.

Perhaps you could also google regional phone numbers for St Johns ambulance and ask them.

Hope you get your placement. Do let me know if it works out.

hi, thanks for replying, I'm not in school or college, i have just finished university
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
It’s been an extremely busy time in St John, with massive recruitment to help with vaccination and a lot of change in the organisation too. I think the time will come when things work out for you. Just keep trying from time to time and for a variety of roles, what would you like to do? Once you’re in the organisation you can move in different directions. If you can make some personal contact by phone or writing a letter this might help. And if you are in a uni with links to St John this would be a good way too

hey, thanks for replying i graduated from uni, i really want to help directly with the first aid stuff which is why i really wanted the first aider role.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
hey, thanks for replying i graduated from uni, i really want to help directly with the first aid stuff which is why i really wanted the first aider role.

It’s a bonkers time with so much going on in vaccination, ambulance work and events. I’m sure with patience you’ll get in, first aiders are a key role. The recruitment and training process is now very formalised and structured and it all takes time. St John is my main hobby and a fab organisation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending