The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dimwit10000
Go on have a bash

For me, it has got to be either Cornwall or the Pennines. Granite and gritstone are some of the roughest rocks I have encountered!
Living in greater London the area i live in now is probably the best area of London. It has very low crime rate but expensive rents and house prices. It has a high number of people who have retired and their adult children still living with them.

The area has a large number of liberal Jews with a couple of synagogues and middle class Hindus who send their children to the expensive private schools.

Nobody wants to live in a area with high crime when their about to have families. Its okey for singletons with well paying jobs to live in rough parts of London their not much affected by local crime.

But for less well off people they often the victims of crimes and can be afraid.
(edited 2 years ago)
Glasgow, Manchester, Middlesbrough and Newcastle- very rough accents. :eek:
My father is a very noisy manc.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Glasgow, - very rough accents. :eek:

Nothing compared to Abedonians
Reply 5
Original post by Dimwit10000
Go on have a bash

There is an area in Liverpool where Labour get about 80 per cent of the vote.

It is also considered the poorest area of the UK.

So this
Reply 6
Original post by minpum
There is an area in Liverpool where Labour get about 80 per cent of the vote.

It is also considered the poorest area of the UK.

So this

Where the heck in Liverpool is that....??
Reply 8
Original post by Quady
Where the heck in Liverpool is that....??

Liverpool is about as red as it gets. But there are deprived areas all over the county. Outside London one of the most affluent places is around Macclesfield where all the footballers live. Yet in Macclesfield there are some pretty grim estates.
London, By far highest chance to get stabbed/ran over/acid burned for no reason and far higher cost to live in for the risk you get.
Original post by StriderHort
London, By far highest chance to get stabbed/ran over/acid burned for no reason and far higher cost to live in for the risk you get.

London a lot better place to live in than liverpool
Original post by looloo2134
London a lot better place to live in than liverpool

I've honestly never been to Liverpool or even nearby. If you asked me right now 'In terms of random crime and attacks, where do you most not want to be in the UK?' yep, London. And I say that from Glasgow. (The idea that the Met Police would have power over me is horrifying also)
Original post by StriderHort
I've honestly never been to Liverpool or even nearby. If you asked me right now 'In terms of random crime and attacks, where do you most not want to be in the UK?' yep, London. And I say that from Glasgow. (The idea that the Met Police would have power over me is horrifying also)

Having been to liverpool i say your more likely to be random victim of crime there then London. London is bigger and it more newsworthy when crime happens.

You might be in London statically more likely to be the victim of terrorism as it the capital city
Cleveland, Yorkshire, highest crime rate in the country.
Reply 14
Original post by looloo2134
Having been to liverpool i say your more likely to be random victim of crime there then London. London is bigger and it more newsworthy when crime happens.

You might be in London statically more likely to be the victim of terrorism as it the capital city

You're basing this on 'having been to' Liverpool?
Rotherham
East London
Bradford
Luton
Birmingham
I should have also added that Bradford or Hull would be my punts albeit Sheffield is not much better.
The north.
Glasgow
I can.
Glasgow, Lancashire and Yorkshire.
Based solely upon what I've seen when visiting and the number of people I know who habitually carry offensive weapons outside for and have used their illegally carried knives in at least 2 fights.

That said- there are a few extremely dangerous areas of London that have long been known hotspots for the treble .
Knife crime, lucrative drugs dealing involving coerced children and regular blatantly thuggish antisocial behaviour in the streets or other people's private residential premises caused by savage criminal gangs that have access to a massive stash of illegal weaponry and seem to have no limits plus zero fear of anything.

Latest