The Student Room Group

Mocks

Hi.
If GCSEs were cancelled for 2022 how big of a part would mocks play in the final grade
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
If they are gonna be cancelled then the government might choose to do TAGs again. Or if they don't do that mocks will play a part in GCSEs. But I doubt they're gonna cancel for a third year in a row
Reply 2
Original post by _Robyn_
If they are gonna be cancelled then the government might choose to do TAGs again. Or if they don't do that mocks will play a part in GCSEs. But I doubt they're gonna cancel for a third year in a row

I’m just worried as there is a new variant and it’s all over the news. Hopefully it’s not that bad
Reply 3
Original post by Harrysja
I’m just worried as there is a new variant and it’s all over the news. Hopefully it’s not that bad

Ye I get that. Also I saw on the news that the scientist who discovered this new variant says that we are "panicking unnecessarily". So from what I've heard I don't think it's gonna be as bad as what people think.
Original post by Harrysja
Hi.
If GCSEs were cancelled for 2022 how big of a part would mocks play in the final grade

Quite a bit - if I recall correctly Ofqual are asking for more mocks to be done (might be 3 mocks per subject) just in case things were to close down again
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/mocks-whats-happening-with-gcse-as-level-and-a-level-mock-exams-in-2021-and-2022

Quick Reply

Latest