The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hlyje
Has anyone else received interview invites from multiple colleges? I have interviews from LMH and Jesus and idk if it means one of them is oversubscribed or if my application was good or bad lol

Most subjects have interviews in 2 colleges. You will be interviewed by your Main college and also another one. If the first college cannot offer you a place the 2nd college considers you for a place.
Is anybody here applying for PPL? I haven't really seen anybody else on this thread who is yet!
Original post by Hlyje
Has anyone else received interview invites from multiple colleges? I have interviews from LMH and Jesus and idk if it means one of them is oversubscribed or if my application was good or bad lol

I would check the department for your subject’s website @Hlyje regarding how many interviews you have as standard or as a minimum. For Physics for example, it’s two with the college you applied to or were allocated, plus a further one with a randomly allocated college.
The fact that you have received an interview means you ARE good enough to be considered for a place. As has been said on here many times, someone has to get the place so it may as well be you!

Check out Dr Matt Williams’s YouTube videos on interviews (Jesus access Fellow), he is FAB and VERY motivational. He does one whilst walking around Oxford, and I’d highly recommend it to you all especially if you are feeling not very confident with your chances, like my daughter last year (and now a St Catz undergrad).

All the very best to everyone still awaiting news this coming week.
Original post by Anonymous
Or someone just beats you to it :biggrin:

my bad!!! :biggrin:
Hey, does anyone know when the English and German interview invites will be released? I'm hoping soon!:smile:
Original post by GCM42
Yes. I didn't get anything. Do you think I should contact to confirm whether they received my submission

Maybe some colleges send them and some don't?
I'm sure they've received it, but it probably wouldn't hurt to send an email to confirm that they have, just for your peace of mind.
Original post by jil1547
Is anybody here applying for PPL? I haven't really seen anybody else on this thread who is yet!

Hey! I'm applying for philosophy and linguistics at Brasenose, wbu?
Original post by Jiyaaa
I’m getting so stressed guys I still haven’t heard from Christchurch for history and I feel like everyone’s heard back😓😓

We're in the same boat, so don't worry! They have to issue them out today (Monday) or tomorrow. The 30th is the latest that they can! We'll be alright :smile:
Anyone applying for history got an interview yet??
Thank you so much! I don't know whether it was just me but I just found it felt really different to the practices ones I did? Good luck in your interview!! x

Oh absolutely, the practices were way more understandable I felt. Best of luck to you as well! x
Original post by jassowal
Congratulations to you and your daughter. Which course did she apply for?

Thank you. She applied for English language and Literature
Reply 5271
Tomorrow's the day that physics interviews might start getting given out and I honestly don't know whether I feel terrified or relieved :eek:

I can’t wait. I’m excited and terrified at the same time.
Original post by mlee531

Still waiting! Looks like it'll be within the next 48 hours though : -)
Original post by mlee531

Lots of people have but I haven’t yet - we will either hear today or tomorrow as tomorrow is the latest they can issue it :smile:
Waiting to hear back is honestly such a nightmare - let the email refreshing routine begin! It doesn’t help that I have anxiety :frown:
Does anybody know approximately at what date they start giving out decisions for PPL (Philosophy, Psycho and Linguistics) ?
Haven't found any info about that...
Good luck to everyone
(edited 2 years ago)
Waiting to hear back is honestly such a nightmare - let the email refreshing routine begin! It doesn’t help that I have anxiety :frown:

Same I think I’ve used my emails more than all my social médias combined for the past week! ✨gotta love stress✨
looks like Oriel has started the action early. I see many interview decisions posted as early as 7:30 AM UK time. This is going to be a long and interesting day.
Original post by WutheringHxights
Good morning all and happy Friday :smile:

I've just received a rejection from Jesus College for History & English which you will see on the spreadsheet.

I was expecting this outcome but am nonetheless proud of myself for giving it a go. I've received a fantastic offer from Royal Holloway which admittedly I am more drawn to as the modules look fantastic and more to my liking than those offered at Oxford.

I truly believe the Oxford path simply wasn't meant to be for myself and am looking forward to pursuing this joint honours elsewhere!

A massive good luck to all of you awaiting a response for your application. Please try to refrain from feeling upset if you receive a rejection, it does not mean you are not good enough... it just means life has a different plan for you x

I wish I could have your positive outlook. I am really struggling with my rejection. I received an email on Saturday and I spent the whole day in bed. I am utterly devastated as it has been my dream to study at Oxford since I started secondary school. That was the reason I worked so hard at school. I am seriously thinking about applying next year now as I’m scared I won’t hear from other Uni’s this year also as my GCSE were downgraded (I was always on track for 9s until GCSE mocks when I was ill (diagnosed with severe anxiety start of year 11 and put on meds). As I didn’t do well in three of my subjects I received 7s (even though in my Autumn report I was still on track for 9s!!). I am angry and upset as I feel let down by my school at that time as I can’t help wondering if that was the reason.
Any Trinity Law applicants still waiting?

Latest

Trending

Trending