The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Waiting to hear back is honestly such a nightmare - let the email refreshing routine begin! It doesn’t help that I have anxiety :frown:

The wait for History has been so long at this point I honestly don't care what they tell me as long as I get an email. They could send me an email saying "haha you suck no way" and it would be better than this agonising wait lmao
how are we all feeling this morning lmao
Anyone still haven’t heard back about PPE?🥲🥲
Original post by edie__r

nervous but also just want anything from Oxford, already been ghosted by men I don’t need Oxford as well🙄🙄🙄
Original post by edie__r

Still haven’t heard from Religion and Oriental Studies at St John’s College. I’m so so so scared haha, how have you been?
Original post by edie__r

dont even
Original post by Meher106
Still haven’t heard from Religion and Oriental Studies at St John’s College. I’m so so so scared haha, how have you been?

I’m VERY nervous, waiting for classics ii and english at exeter and every email notification i get actively shortens my lifespan
anyone medics know when we will actually hear anything as our interviews start in like ten days? gonna cry
Original post by greyedlavender
nervous but also just want anything from Oxford, already been ghosted by men I don’t need Oxford as well🙄🙄🙄

Silly men, they are the fools! You will meet some nice, decent guys at Oxford and forget about those losers
Original post by gulay009
anyone medics know when we will actually hear anything as our interviews start in like ten days? gonna cry

I know my son heard in December. This is a short wait, it just feels like a long time but just look at the long view.
Original post by F4t1
I can’t wait. I’m excited and terrified at the same time.

All the very best to you
Swish, swish swishety swish, pink woshette is waving her magic wand for all students anxiously waiting today. The best of luck from her and me
Original post by edie__r
I’m VERY nervous, waiting for classics ii and english at exeter and every email notification i get actively shortens my lifespan

I knowwwwwww, if you’re really not Oxford, you’re NOT allowed to email us hahaha
Lots of people have but I haven’t yet - we will either hear today or tomorrow as tomorrow is the latest they can issue it :smile:

Hope so!!
Original post by hannahjaayy
The wait for History has been so long at this point I honestly don't care what they tell me as long as I get an email. They could send me an email saying "haha you suck no way" and it would be better than this agonising wait lmao

I have never related to something much. I just want an email at this point. Like is it too much to ask?
I wish I could have your positive outlook. I am really struggling with my rejection. I received an email on Saturday and I spent the whole day in bed. I am utterly devastated as it has been my dream to study at Oxford since I started secondary school. That was the reason I worked so hard at school. I am seriously thinking about applying next year now as I’m scared I won’t hear from other Uni’s this year also as my GCSE were downgraded (I was always on track for 9s until GCSE mocks when I was ill (diagnosed with severe anxiety start of year 11 and put on meds). As I didn’t do well in three of my subjects I received 7s (even though in my Autumn report I was still on track for 9s!!). I am angry and upset as I feel let down by my school at that time as I can’t help wondering if that was the reason.

So sorry to hear this and honestly may well be the reason.Do wait and see what happens with your other unis and maybe you will want to apply next year or maybe you will get an offer or find something in clearing or extra. I am sure you are in shock now understandably but at the best of times Oxford is a punt and never a given. Even out of those who get an interview 2 out of 3 get rejected at least.
Look after yourself and there really is more to life than Oxford, so much more. Sending a virtual hug.
Original post by Jiyaaa
I have never related to something much. I just want an email at this point. Like is it too much to ask?

Please wait.
Original post by Jiyaaa
I’m getting so stressed guys I still haven’t heard from Christchurch for history and I feel like everyone’s heard back😓😓

I have a friend who's in the exact same boat, she hasn't heard anything back.
Original post by Scotney
So sorry to hear this and honestly may well be the reason.Do wait and see what happens with your other unis and maybe you will want to apply next year or maybe you will get an offer or find something in clearing or extra. I am sure you are in shock now understandably but at the best of times Oxford is a punt and never a given. Even out of those who get an interview 2 out of 3 get rejected at least.
Look after yourself and there really is more to life than Oxford, so much more. Sending a virtual hug.

Top post @Scotney
Finally heard about English today ! (I applied to one of the last colleges to tell people) and am so happy to have an interview !!

To everyone anxiously waiting- don’t worry, it WILL come! The feeling of relief at the end is worth it !!

Latest

Trending

Trending