The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, I did the Biology GCSE (Edexcel) paper not AQA, but it went ok, I think.
Hope you do well soon! I know you can do amazing in the future and beyond! :wink:
Reply 2
Thank you so much good luck for paper 2 you’ll smash it!
Original post by n123c
Thank you so much good luck for paper 2 you’ll smash it!

Thanks as well! You too! :wink:
ngl, i think paper 1 was relatively easy, i wasnt really stuck on any questions. But i think paper 2 will defo be harder
Original post by akhtar220605
ngl, i think paper 1 was relatively easy, i wasnt really stuck on any questions. But i think paper 2 will defo be harder

good luck :smile:
Reply 6

omdsss paper 2 tomorrow I’m scareddd
btw what grade are you aiming for
I got an 8 in my gcse so I thought why not try and get 9. It will also be good revision as I'm doing biology in a levels . Paper 2 was way harder than paper 1. Like the compost heap question had me lost. All I knew was the at microorganisms break down dead organisms and transfer nutrients back to soil. It was 6 marks so yh. How did yours go?

Original post by n123c
omdsss paper 2 tomorrow I’m scareddd
btw what grade are you aiming for
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
I got an 8 in my gcse so I thought why not rest and try get 9. It will also be good revision as I'm doing biology in a levels . Paper 2 was way harder than paper 1. Like the compost heap question had me lost. All I knew was the at microorganisms break down dead organisms and transfer nutrients back to soil. It was 6 marks so yh. How did yours go?

I agree paper 2 was way harder :/

Samee I also just waffled on about how carbon dioxide is released by the microorganisms which is used by the plants for photosynthesis.

However I wasn’t expecting loads of maths questions tbh.

I’m sure you’ve smashed it :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
I got an 8 in my gcse so I thought why not rest and try get 9. It will also be good revision as I'm doing biology in a levels . Paper 2 was way harder than paper 1. Like the compost heap question had me lost. All I knew was the at microorganisms break down dead organisms and transfer nutrients back to soil. It was 6 marks so yh. How did yours go?

Good luck! Hope you did well! :smile:
Reply 10

omggg that 6 marker was horrible I completely left it out so was that punnet square question which was 6 marks but the rest of the paper was fine it was wayyyy better than paper 1 for me bc I didn’t revise much for paper 1
Original post by n123c
omggg that 6 marker was horrible I completely left it out so was that punnet square question which was 6 marks but the rest of the paper was fine it was wayyyy better than paper 1 for me bc I didn’t revise much for paper

this paper was more about application of knowledge unlike paper 1.
Original post by bob2525
I agree paper 2 was way harder :/

Samee I also just waffled on about how carbon dioxide is released by the microorganisms which is used by the plants for photosynthesis.

However I wasn’t expecting loads of maths questions tbh.

I’m sure you’ve smashed it :smile:

I hope you smashed it too. I didnt really have time to revise coz i had alevel tests the day before the resit so i had to procastinate. same i wrote exactly what u said but i doubt thats more than half marks :frown:.
Reply 13
I hope you smashed it too. I didnt really have time to revise coz i had alevel tests the day before the resit so i had to procastinate. same i wrote exactly what u said but i doubt thats more than half marks :frown:.

same a levels were in the way too much probably would’ve revised way more if I didn’t have 27372 a level exams everyday
Reply 14
dwww tho guys hopefully the grade boundaries are low I’m hoping for a 8/9 if not a 7
Original post by n123c
dwww tho guys hopefully the grade boundaries are low I’m hoping for a 8/9 if not a 7

i hope so. Good luck to everyone. Results day is 24th feb isnt it?
Reply 16
i hope so. Good luck to everyone. Results day is 24th feb isnt it?

I think it’s 14th February not too sure but goodluck! i forgot about results day loll
oh😂 good luck
Original post by Madso
Hi,
Where do I get the EDEXCELGCSE Nov 2021 papers to practice before mocks? Any link or uploads?

u cant until EDEXCEL release it which will probably be in a year or two
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 19
u cant until AQA release it which will probably be in a year or two

Oh. Ok, thanks

Latest