The Student Room Group

Staffordshire Midwifery applicant 2022

Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone else here has applied for Midwifery at Staffs in 2022? I absolutely fell in love with the campus at the open day and as a 27 year old 'mature' student it's perfect for me travel wise!

I applied on Thursday and I'm impatient as anything so was just seeing is anyone has had contact/an interview scheduled with them yet and what your timeline was like?

Thanks!
Original post by Alxmrgnx
Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone else here has applied for Midwifery at Staffs in 2022? I absolutely fell in love with the campus at the open day and as a 27 year old 'mature' student it's perfect for me travel wise!

I applied on Thursday and I'm impatient as anything so was just seeing is anyone has had contact/an interview scheduled with them yet and what your timeline was like?

Thanks!

i have an interview tomorrow at 10am. I only sent my application in on the 9th of November, so I don't think it'll be a long wait for you.
Reply 2
Hi everyone!

Thanks!

Hi,

I submitted my application in September and have a interview next week. But I didn’t send in my proof of level 2 English and maths for a little while after they first contacted me early October. I sent them in and had a date for interview within a few days. I’m super nervous, good luck I may see you in 2022 🤞 oh and I’m 34 year old mum of 4 (geriatric student) 😬😆
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kerri87
Hi,

I submitted my application in September and have a interview next week. But I didn’t send in my proof of level 2 English and maths for a little while after they first contacted me early October. I sent them in and had a date for interview within a few days. I’m super nervous, good luck I may see you in 2022 🤞 oh and I’m 34 year old mum of 4 (geriatric student) 😬😆

I’ve had an email today and I’ve got an interview on the 14th! Good luck for your interview and hopefully I’ll see you in 2022! X
Reply 4
Original post by P1xievampr
i have an interview tomorrow at 10am. I only sent my application in on the 9th of November, so I don't think it'll be a long wait for you.

Hope it went well for you 😊
Reply 5
I’ve had an email today and I’ve got an interview on the 14th! Good luck for your interview and hopefully I’ll see you in 2022! X

Thank you! Good luck to you as well. I will update when I find out the outcome. Let me know how you both get on too. X
Reply 6
Original post by kerri87
Hi,

Hi does this mean I will get an interview if they’ve asked for proof of my maths and English and access course? 😬😬 xx
Reply 7
Original post by Don1122
Hi does this mean I will get an interview if they’ve asked for proof of my maths and English and access course? 😬😬 xx

Maybe. They have with me 😊
Reply 8
Had my interview today, feel like I was so nervous and totally messed it up. I felt like I didn’t show the real me and my passion or skills. Any one had a reply yet or secured a place?
Original post by kerri87
Had my interview today, feel like I was so nervous and totally messed it up. I felt like I didn’t show the real me and my passion or skills. Any one had a reply yet or secured a place?

Hi
Well done for getting a interview for midwifing.
Don't beat yourself up over things as I'm sure you done your upmost best with it and if you have any more interviews for other universities then take what you learned from today's interview into the next and next as you'll be better prepared next time,
Just wait for outcome of this as it's out of your control on any decisions made.
Get feedback from them if you are unsuccessful so you'll know where you went wrong.

Believe me your nerves etc can get better of you at interviews for midwifing as you don't know what you getting asked.

Fingers crossed for you xx

A NHS Scotland registered midwife.
Reply 10
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi
Well done for getting a interview for midwifing.
Don't beat yourself up over things as I'm sure you done your upmost best with it and if you have any more interviews for other universities then take what you learned from today's interview into the next and next as you'll be better prepared next time,
Just wait for outcome of this as it's out of your control on any decisions made.
Get feedback from them if you are unsuccessful so you'll know where you went wrong.

Believe me your nerves etc can get better of you at interviews for midwifing as you don't know what you getting asked.

Fingers crossed for you xx

A NHS Scotland registered midwife.

Thank you. That’s very kind. I prepared so much but my mind went blank, which is so frustrating. I have one more university but I haven’t heard of them yet. I’m only limited to the two university’s. As I live in Wales with a family of my own, the closest two are a couple of hours away all other university’s are realistically to far away to travel to daily. Fingers crossed I’m successful in one as I’ve worked so hard to get to this point.

Kind regards

Kerri
Original post by kerri87
Thank you. That’s very kind. I prepared so much but my mind went blank, which is so frustrating. I have one more university but I haven’t heard of them yet. I’m only limited to the two university’s. As I live in Wales with a family of my own, the closest two are a couple of hours away all other university’s are realistically to far away to travel to daily. Fingers crossed I’m successful in one as I’ve worked so hard to get to this point.

Kind regards

Kerri

Hi Kerri x

You are welcome OK, wasn't any trouble in replying to you as understand how you feel.

Yes I agree on what you said about how much you prepared for interviews and then suddenly your mind goes blank as it is so frustration when you put lots of work into things to not able to answer things at the interview.

It's a issue for young mums with families having to chose limited universities due to distance others are for to get to which gives disadvantage to you plus those others in same situation. Travelling for hours each way isn't feasible at times but hopefully the ones much closer to you will be far better rather than waste most of day travelling.

I chosen to travel to other side of my country for to do midwifing just because I would never be able to get to any hospital placements in time from my own city as first train was 5.15am and if it broke down I was in big trouble getting through. I was able to go home regular as only hour on train plus under 10 minutes on subway or hour + quarter by bus then ten minutes walk to subway.

Anyway fingers crossed and do your upmost best in other interview okay, but don't give up.
heyyyy, I'm so sorry I didn't see this before. I was very doubtful about it after I did it. The interviewers were 5 minutes late on the call, and it only lasted 15 minutes in total, so I thought that was a bad sign. I also felt i couldn't get out anything about the 6c's but thought i did focus on my WEX, i felt like it was okay, but that there would be so many people who did better. But i did end up with a conditional offer, as i haven't completed my Alevels yet, so i'm quite happy, i just hope these grades pull through, which i am pretty sure they will, given my last report.
Reply 13
hi P1xievampr - How long after your interview were you offered your conditional offer?
Original post by 123Wood
hi P1xievampr - How long after your interview were you offered your conditional offer?

I had my interview on the 30th of November and got the offer on the 22nd of December
I had my interview on the 30th of November and got the offer on the 22nd of December

Congrats on your offer to start as a student midwife on such a very highly competertive course xx
Good luck with the course when you get started x
Original post by Tracey_W
Congrats on your offer to start as a student midwife on such a very highly competertive course xx
Good luck with the course when you get started x

Thank you so much!
Thank you so much!

You welcome
Sorry for late reply 😞

Quick Reply