The Student Room Group

Medicine in Europe (Dnipro medical institute)

Hello everyone I am new to this TSR.
I am starting medicine this following September 2022. just wanted to know if anyone else is starting as well.
But nervous as I don't know anyone else who is starting with me.
FYI it's Dnipro medical institute of traditional and non-traditional medicine.
let me know
Thanks
John
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by John Bambi
I am starting medicine this following September 2022. just wanted to know if anyone else is starting as well.
let me know
Thanks
John

Hey,
I have applied to study graduate entry Medicine at Dnipro this Feb 2022. I am very new to it aswell and would be great if I could get more info.
Thanks,
Niv
Reply 2
Original post by niveda arioli
Hey,
I have applied to study graduate entry Medicine at Dnipro this Feb 2022. I am very new to it aswell and would be great if I could get more info.
Thanks,
Niv

Hi Niv

which agency are you going through
How much did they charge you? With medlink it feels like everyone gets a different number.
Reply 4
Original post by ElderlyMedic
How much did they charge you? With medlink it feels like everyone gets a different number.

Well I am getting charged £2k what about you?
Well I am getting charged £2k what about you?

£2k is the agency fee, but for the first year they charge anywhere between 3-7K
Reply 6
£2k is the agency fee, but for the first year they charge anywhere between 3-7K

yeah same
agency fee the same as I said
but first year is £5400
2nd to 6th year £3000
yeah same
agency fee the same as I said
but first year is £5400
2nd to 6th year £3000

is that the in person or online first three years?
Reply 8
well
is that the in person or online first three years?

Well I am doing the first year online. Mainly due to Covid specially with the new variant. But than probably gonna go to Ukraine.
I wanted to do the first 3 years online, but I am concerned if GMC will recognise the degree if it is done online.
I have spoken to GMC and they said for covid they are being more considerate, but they didn't gave me a direct answer for which I am worried to do it online for 3 years and than find out it may not be recognised.
But if you know the answer to that please share with me. it would be very much appreciated.
thanks
well

Well I am doing the first year online. Mainly due to Covid specially with the new variant. But than probably gonna go to Ukraine.
I wanted to do the first 3 years online, but I am concerned if GMC will recognise the degree if it is done online.
I have spoken to GMC and they said for covid they are being more considerate, but they didn't gave me a direct answer for which I am worried to do it online for 3 years and than find out it may not be recognised.
But if you know the answer to that please share with me. it would be very much appreciated.
thanks

To pass under the GMC you need 5500h of training during at least 3 years. The Ukraine degree is actually 5 years not 6, the sixth year is an internship something like FY1 in the UK. The sixth year does not counts towards the 5500h required.
So, the if you do the first 2 years online, you will still have 3 qualifying in person years in Ukraine. That is pretty much my plan.
I don't plan to practice in the UK but the rules in the EU are pretty much the same. Better play it safe :biggrin:
To pass under the GMC you need 5500h of training during at least 3 years. The Ukraine degree is actually 5 years not 6, the sixth year is an internship something like FY1 in the UK. The sixth year does not counts towards the 5500h required.
So, the if you do the first 2 years online, you will still have 3 qualifying in person years in Ukraine. That is pretty much my plan.
I don't plan to practice in the UK but the rules in the EU are pretty much the same. Better play it safe :biggrin:

Ok ok that makes sense. Fair enough.
yeah my plan is to do 1st year online and than do year 2 to 6 at Dnipro. so I should be fine thanks
Ok ok that makes sense. Fair enough.
yeah my plan is to do 1st year online and than do year 2 to 6 at Dnipro. so I should be fine thanks

Also when are you starting. February or September
let me know
Thanks
John

If you dont mind me asking what were your a levels to study medicine abroad?
Also when are you starting. February or September

September for me, to make it look more legit :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
If you dont mind me asking what were your a levels to study medicine abroad?

I did Alevel: Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
As Economics
September for me, to make it look more legit :biggrin:

yeah same probably for the same reason. Not sure how much of that really matters
I did Alevel: Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
As Economics

What were your grades?
Original post by Anonymous
What were your grades?

Mathematics B
Chemistry B
Biology C
As Economics B
what about you?
Reply 18
Anyone been able to get in contact with someone whose graduated from there and come back to work in the UK.
Im also applying for GEM sept 2022 entry, hoping to join in year 3 and do 4 years in person study there.
Original post by Mhuncho
Anyone been able to get in contact with someone whose graduated from there and come back to work in the UK.
Im also applying for GEM sept 2022 entry, hoping to join in year 3 and do 4 years in person study there.

Hey I have spoken to bunch of people who are currently studying their and they said they know people who are currently working in both UK and USA.
But I personally haven't spoken to anyone myself who have graduated sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending