The Student Room Group

HMRC - Economic Crime Supervision Officer Role 2021/2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dgeo
Fantastic well done! It’s was nerve wrecking! So quick fire having to think on your feet.

Thanks. It says 12 months on the reserve list, there still some hope!
Reply 41
Original post by Nads2201
Thanks. It says 12 months on the reserve list, there still some hope!

Yes, they also said they would be having staggered start dates.
Reply 42
Original post by Ghostba
Just got a provisional!

Congratulations!! Are you external or internal, and what location please
Reply 43
I got a provisional offer on Friday as an internal candidate. No idea on location or much more information yet.
Reply 44
Original post by Olah__
Congratulations!! Are you external or internal, and what location please

I’m external! But they haven’t mentioned any locations yet. Currently waiting on checks to come back and I think they decide then but I don’t know how long they take
Reply 45
Original post by Ghostba
I’m external! But they haven’t mentioned any locations yet. Currently waiting on checks to come back and I think they decide then but I don’t know how long they take

Congrats! Didn’t you choose a location preference in your application?
Reply 46
Original post by Nads2201
Congrats! Didn’t you choose a location preference in your application?

What location did you apply for please? Also what place should you be in the reserve list to have a good chance?
Reply 47
Has anyones checks began yet or received further information regarding the recruitment process?

I accepted my provisional offer a week ago and still waiting for them to send me further info.
Reply 48
Original post by Belron
Has anyones checks began yet or received further information regarding the recruitment process?

I accepted my provisional offer a week ago and still waiting for them to send me further info.

What did u score and what location did you apply to please
Reply 49
Original post by Olah__
What did u score and what location did you apply to please

I scored 10 and Edinburgh.

I’ve received a start date early January. I am internal though. Was adv that external candidates will be starting in March.
Original post by Belron
I scored 10 and Edinburgh.

I’ve received a start date early January. I am internal though. Was adv that external candidates will be starting in March.

Hi - I'm also internal but still waiting for a start date. Did they ask you to send in any documents or forms? And is a promotion or level transfer for you? Thanks!
I’m Belfast! But that’s great to know they are sending out start dates! Thanks and good luck!
Reply 52
Has anyone external received a start date yet? I just completed the checks yesterday.
Reply 53
Original post by Ghostba
Has anyone external received a start date yet? I just completed the checks yesterday.

Did you complete BPSS or SC?
Reply 54
Original post by Belron
Did you complete BPSS or SC?

I completed SC I believe! I got my start date this afternoon thankfully but I haven’t received a written contract yet just hopefully something comes through on Monday
Reply 55
Original post by Ghostba
I completed SC I believe! I got my start date this afternoon thankfully but I haven’t received a written contract yet just hopefully something comes through on Monday

Congratulations I’m sure your over the moon!! Will be worth the wait!! When do u start?
Reply 56
Original post by Dgeo
Congratulations I’m sure your over the moon!! Will be worth the wait!! When do u start?

Thanks! I start end of January! Hoping to get the official contract signed before handing in my notice at my current job is the only thing :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Ghostba
Thanks! I start end of January! Hoping to get the official contract signed before handing in my notice at my current job is the only thing :smile:

That’s great news and pretty quick too! Perhaps send them an email, I think once you have had your formal offer and start date you don’t get your contact until you start. I’m starting O compliance in Jan and haven’t had my contact yet. Just had my formal offer. Fingers crossed if you email they can give you some clarification.
Reply 58
Original post by Dgeo
That’s great news and pretty quick too! Perhaps send them an email, I think once you have had your formal offer and start date you don’t get your contact until you start. I’m starting O compliance in Jan and haven’t had my contact yet. Just had my formal offer. Fingers crossed if you email they can give you some clarification.

Oh amazing! I think I’ll email them now and just ask because they’ve only gave me a start date but there’s nothing to say formal offer and i would need to give notice this week to meet the start date!
Reply 59
An update in case anyone is on the same predicament! I emailed the recruitment team to let them know of the start date I received over the phone and queried whether this was a formal offer and if I should serve notice to my current employer.
They replied that although they do want me to start on 31 January that I should not hand in notice until they say so - in other words I no longer have enough time to give my required notice and will have to ask for my start date to be amended.

Just incase anyone was in the same boat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending