The Student Room Group

Virgin Media Graduate Scheme 2022

Hi all,
Applied for the Virign Media Commercial, product and marketing graduate scheme with the intake for 2022. I have completed my SJT and have been invited to complete a long-answer question and a 30-40 minute video interview. Could you give me some advice on the interview questions and what to expect?

Many thanks,
Supha

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kkhanhann
Hiya, how long did it take before you receive the interview invitation?

Heyy, it took them just a bit under 2 weeks to send me an invitation for the video interview after completing my SJT! Hope that helps. Also, the scheme I applied for was the finance one not the one I put previously, that was my mistake, so the interview invitations could have been sent sooner or later depending on your scheme.
Original post by kkhanhann
I’ve been waiting since the 17th so I’m getting a bit nervous 🥲 how was the interview? Are you happy with it?

Just keep checking your account area or call them up, they’re really helpful! The video interview was easy to follow and they give you just about enough time to think about the question and scenario, and answer it but do some research beforehand. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Suphakarn2173
Just keep checking your account area or call them up, they’re really helpful! The video interview was easy to follow and they give you just about enough time to think about the question and scenario, and answer it but do some research beforehand. :smile:

The deadline has passed. How did you answer the question about opportunities for the future? I really struggled answering that and the last two questions
Original post by sam1622
The deadline has passed. How did you answer the question about opportunities for the future? I really struggled answering that and the last two questions

I really can’t remember the video interview stage was mostly a blur but I remember that question was one I struggled on too, I mentioned a lot about their competitors and a bit about their strategic goals but I can’t remember specifica
Reply 5
Has anyone been invited to Assessment Centre (especially those applying to Finance Scheme)? Or like me, everyone did a video interview and still waiting for the outcome?
Original post by AndrewBr
Has anyone been invited to Assessment Centre (especially those applying to Finance Scheme)? Or like me, everyone did a video interview and still waiting for the outcome?

I’m in your position, still waiting :frown: they might start sending invitations in a couple weeks
Original post by AndrewBr

I’m in your position, still waiting :frown: they might start sending invitations in a couple weeks
Did anyone get updates yet? I have finished the video interview about 2 weeks ago but still haven't gotten a response. I got the video interview feedback but nothing about an assessment centre
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey guys, I got a phone call this morning but I missed it and getting quite anxious that I might have missed my space in an assessment centre. Did anyone else receive the call? what was it about?
hey would you be able to give me some tips for the video interview plz
Hi Everyone, i recently did my assessment centre and was wondering does anyone know how long it takes them to give you a response? Thanks :smile:
Reply 12
Hi Sophie, generally around 2-3 days. It's a points based system, so pretty cut and dry as to whether you've got the job.

I'm currently on the reserve list, so wasn't extended an offer. So my guess is they're working out whether they want to open more spaces for your chosen scheme. To avoid doubt, I'd give them a ring (early careers) and ask what the outcome is.

Original post by SophieFielding
Hi Everyone, i recently did my assessment centre and was wondering does anyone know how long it takes them to give you a response? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Cj789
Hi Sophie, generally around 2-3 days. It's a points based system, so pretty cut and dry as to whether you've got the job.

I'm currently on the reserve list, so wasn't extended an offer. So my guess is they're working out whether they want to open more spaces for your chosen scheme. To avoid doubt, I'd give them a ring (early careers) and ask what the outcome is.

Hey! Thanks for your reply,

I heard back last week and I was given an offer! I'd rang initially and they had said 2-3 days, but it took a while longer! Fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by SophSteff99

I heard back last week and I was given an offer! I'd rang initially and they had said 2-3 days, but it took a while longer! Fingers crossed for you :smile:

Well done, it's not an easy assessment!

Not holding onto too much hope, but there's an outside chance
Original post by Cj789
Well done, it's not an easy assessment!

Not holding onto too much hope, but there's an outside chance

Thanks! yeah it was a long day haha! you never know! :smile:

Congratulations!! Please can I send you a private message?
Original post by maxmagaji10
Congratulations!! Please can I send you a private message?

Hi yes of course! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi Sophie,
I hope you don't mind me messaging, but I have my assessment centre for the business grad role in 2 weeks and was wondering if you could tell me more about the solo task you had to do. My portal says i'll be analysing data/trends and presenting them orally. How much time am I given before I have to present the findings? How difficult is the data? Just overall what tips could you give me for this section?
Thank you so much for your help!
Hi yes of course! :smile:

Sent!

Quick Reply

Latest