The Student Room Group

Just sent off my application - anyone else suddenly really nervous?

I’d been pretty relaxed about the whole process, and then as soon as I watched my application get sent off suddenly my stomach dropped. I’ve been stressing over it since. Just thought it would be nice to set up a thread to let people know they aren’t alone, unless I’m the only one like this lol

Anyone else feel like this? Or has anyone gotten offers sooner than they expected? LMK!

Been refreshing emails and manifesting a reply Prayge
Don't worry you're not alone. I was very calm about the whole process until I actually submitted and now I've suddenly become super impatient and stir crazy.

Just try and find something else to focus on because refreshing your emails and UCAS every day just makes it worse. Unis can sometimes take all the way until the May deadline to respond so you don't want to be stressed that whole time.
Reply 2
Original post by mah1000000
Don't worry you're not alone. I was very calm about the whole process until I actually submitted and now I've suddenly become super impatient and stir crazy.

Just try and find something else to focus on because refreshing your emails and UCAS every day just makes it worse. Unis can sometimes take all the way until the May deadline to respond so you don't want to be stressed that whole time.

Obviously it’s not nice to hear that you were also stressed about it, but it’s still mega comforting to know that I’m not alone!

Thank you so much for the advice! :] I’m hoping the feeling will subside pretty soon. I’m guessing it’s just like a sudden wave of the reality of it all, plus the fact my top choice is quite hard to get into. Still, TYSM for the help !! <3
Hi @carmymarm and @mah1000000

I hope you both are doing well. What course did you apply for and how did you find the application process?

I noticed that you both have submitted your UCAS Application and that you both are nervous about it. I was in the same position as you when I submitted the application and I was constantly refreshing my emails hoping to hear an outcome from the different universities. However, this just added to my stress as was constantly thinking about UCAS.

I totally agree with @mah1000000 in focusing on something else. For example, I started to focus back onto my studies especially since it was Christmas I had my mocks coming so I started to create a revision timetable as well as having time to spend on doing something not relating to studying. Divert your mind but also treat yourself for sending off your application.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions about university life or studying and I will be happy to answer them.

Anisa 😊
Final Year LLB Law Student
Original post by carmymarm
I’d been pretty relaxed about the whole process, and then as soon as I watched my application get sent off suddenly my stomach dropped. I’ve been stressing over it since. Just thought it would be nice to set up a thread to let people know they aren’t alone, unless I’m the only one like this lol

Anyone else feel like this? Or has anyone gotten offers sooner than they expected? LMK!

Try to relax you'll know soon enough just check UCAS your E-mails once or twice a day and you'll have offers before you know it distract your self as much as you can it's December Christmas is coming and a new ski season is just around the corner there is loads you can do to take your mind off it those offers will come soon and then well things will wizz by and soon you'll be buying stuff and going to uni it's a fun time chatting to your friends about where your going what your looking forward to and everything just relax.
Original post by carmymarm

Hi @carmymarm,

I was exactly in your position too when I went through the application process. I was dreading the waiting period. However, I just had to push on and focus on my studies. I distracted myself with my hobbies whenever I had spare time. To stop me from refreshing my emails, I would go on spontaneous walks or cycled around my town. Anything to really just get me off my phone or computer.

In terms of offers, it really depends. My offers varied, despite sending it off all at the same time. My earliest offer was near the end of December and my latest was early May.

Submitting your application is no easy feat, reward yourself for the hard work in completing it and sending it off!

I hope this helps,
Jesse, 3rd Year Animation Student

Quick Reply

Latest