Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
French studies with Italian :smile:

I’ve applied to do modern languages, my application went off last week! Well done for getting an offer, I’m hoping to get one at some point 😬😬😬
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hi! I applied on the 5th of October. My offer has just been changed to an unconditional too!

wow! congrats, what course was it and what were ur predicted if I may ask :smile:
Original post by Mxciej.j
wow! congrats, what course was it and what were ur predicted if I may ask :smile:

Thank you! I applied for French studies with Italian. I'm a Scottish applicant so I got 7 As at National 5, 5 As at Higher and I am currently predicted 3 As at Advanced Higher :smile:
What course are you applying for?:
Management and Information Technology (offer received 16 Nov)

What subjects are you currently studying?:
A Levels: Biology, Psychology, Geography
Predicted A level grades:
AAA (aspirational for UCAS - more likely to get ABB)
GCSE grades:
998888776 L2D
What other universities are you applying to?:
- Applied on 10 Nov
- Loughborough ITMB (offer - 15 Nov), Queen Mary
ITMB (offer - 15 Nov), UWE Bristol ITMB (offer - 11 Nov ), UCL IMB (waiting for reply)
Why Lancaster?:
- I liked the course content and university - haven’t been in person though. I’ll either firm UCL or Lancaster, not sure yet. Leaning towards Lancaster more though.
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?:
- Police Cadets, Guides, Online Business Management work experience (springpod), part time job, ICT trips, webinars, baking hobby
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 44
Just been given an offer for Law :smile:
Original post by evelinafad
I’m currently looking at Grizedale Townhouse. Could you please give me any information on it you can?Maybe what it was like living there, if sharing the kitchen between 12 was fine, the rooms, sharing a bathroom etc, anything really Thank you!

Hi @evelinafad,

Looks like you've already got an ace reply, but here's my two cents:
- Because of the nature of the townhouse structure, you essentially end up sharing a bathroom with just one other person which works out quite nicely
- Townhouses tend to be pretty social, so if that is your thing I'd say go for it!
- With townhouses you get the living space in addition to the kitchen which you don't get with other accommodations (I'd recommend!)
- Unlike other accommodation you don't get the weekly cleaners so it can get a bit messy- I'd say just make sure you get rotas/ house rules down asap
- Everyone I've ever spoken to seems to have loved living in a townhouse- so I hope you have a good time if you end up in one!

Thanks,
Abby, Student Ambassador
Reply 46
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @evelinafad,

Looks like you've already got an ace reply, but here's my two cents:
- Because of the nature of the townhouse structure, you essentially end up sharing a bathroom with just one other person which works out quite nicely
- Townhouses tend to be pretty social, so if that is your thing I'd say go for it!
- With townhouses you get the living space in addition to the kitchen which you don't get with other accommodations (I'd recommend!)
- Unlike other accommodation you don't get the weekly cleaners so it can get a bit messy- I'd say just make sure you get rotas/ house rules down asap
- Everyone I've ever spoken to seems to have loved living in a townhouse- so I hope you have a good time if you end up in one!

Thanks,
Abby, Student Ambassador

Thats true Abby about the messy lol. That wall next to the patio doors, its great for a projector there too for movie nights. I would say though the cupboards although you get a top one and a bottom one, the top one is not that big. So she put her cereal, tins, pasta seasoning in the top, and her bulky things like pans,plates and cups on the bottom. For her snacks she had a collapsable box in her room which she liked as it saved her going downstairs when ever she was studying and wanted a mars bar, but just to bear in mind not to do like a two week shop on move in day. Probably best to look at what storage you have before you do your shop at sainsburys/aldi in town so you have a fair idea of space. Fridge freezer you get one shelf/drawer of each.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 47
What course are you applying for?: BSc Economics
What subjects are you currently studying?: Economics, maths, geography
Predicted A level grades: A*AA
GCSE grades: A*9988777776
What other universities are you applying to?: LSE, KCL, Manchester
Why Lancaster?: cool and respectable uni with the right balance and fair requirements

Applied on the 8th Oct and got an offer from them on the 10th Nov !!
Got an offer from Lancaster today!!!
Original post by jj.o
What course are you applying for?: BSc Economics
What subjects are you currently studying?: Economics, maths, geography
Predicted A level grades: A*AA
GCSE grades: A*9988777776
What other universities are you applying to?: LSE, KCL, Manchester
Why Lancaster?: cool and respectable uni with the right balance and fair requirements

Applied on the 8th Oct and got an offer from them on the 10th Nov !!

Hey, I’m predicted the same as you and applied for the same as you! What type of offer did you get if I may ask?
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Hi everyone, welcome to the Lancaster University 2022 Applicant thread.

uni 10.jpg

To start this off:

What course are you applying for?:
What subjects are you currently studying?:
Predicted A level grades:
GCSE grades:
What other universities are you applying to?:
Why Lancaster?:
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?:

My eldest is studying at Lancaster uni, and is in second year in September; (she did the covid freshers year). I'm a huge Lancaster uni fan, and will try to help as much as I can if you have any questions, or at least try and point you in the right direction. Or one of the lovely Lancaster reps are amazing on TSR and will help as well :smile:

And congratulations on applying here, it's such a great uni.

Hi :smile:
What course are you applying for?: French Studies and Politics
What subjects are you currently studying?: History, Psychology, Politics and Economics
Predicted A level grades: A*A*AA
GCSE grades: 9999999977
What other universities are you applying to?: UCL, KCL, Nottingham and Liverpool
Why Lancaster?: Because I loved the vibe of the place, the staff just seemed like some of the friendliest people I've met at open days so far and being such a good uni not too far from home it seemed sensible to apply.
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: I currently chair my local youth council and am involved in projects surrounding activism and work with Local Authorities. I also have took part in European Youth Parliament.
Reply 51
Original post by emily5411

Awesome news well done :smile:
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Awesome news well done :smile:

It’s very exciting!!!
Reply 53
Original post by emily5411

Well Done!!
How long ago did you apply?
Reply 54
I got my offer today!!! It's amazing!! It means I can definitely go!! Lancaster is the only one I really love and I've compared everywhere I visited to it and nothing was beating it. Ahhh!!
Hey guys :smile:
What course are you applying for?: Bsc Economics
What subjects are you currently studying?: Physics, Maths, economics and French
Predicted A level grades: A*AAA
GCSE grades:9988877765
What other universities are you applying to?: Bath, KCL, Nottingham and York
Why Lancaster?: It has the best campus i have ever seen, the overall uni looks amazing.
What have you done strengthen your application
(extracurriculars)?: Experience in a Firm, further reading around economics, done a MOOC, worked in a restaurant.

I applied 2 weeks ago and today I received an offer for AAB! However if I firm them they will reduce the requirements to ABB.
Reply 56
Hey, I’m predicted the same as you and applied for the same as you! What type of offer did you get if I may ask?

I got AAB but if I firm them ABB. where else have you applied to?
Reply 57
Original post by caitelc
I got my offer today!!! It's amazing!! It means I can definitely go!! Lancaster is the only one I really love and I've compared everywhere I visited to it and nothing was beating it. Ahhh!!

Well done :smile: what are you wanting to study ?
Hey guys :smile:
What course are you applying for?: Bsc Economics
What subjects are you currently studying?: Physics, Maths, economics and French
Predicted A level grades: A*AAA
GCSE grades:9988877765
What other universities are you applying to?: Bath, KCL, Nottingham and York
Why Lancaster?: It has the best campus i have ever seen, the overall uni looks amazing.
What have you done strengthen your application
(extracurriculars)?: Experience in a Firm, further reading around economics, done a MOOC, worked in a restaurant.

I applied 2 weeks ago and today I received an offer for AAB! However if I firm them they will reduce the requirements to ABB.

Glad you think so, its an amazing uni and there's so many nooks and crannies you can just hang out at too. One of my faves is the courtyard behind furness foyet with the little fountain. Great place for the ducks. Or there is lake carter, the water feature at Bowland, sitting on top of the infolab has amazing views :smile:
Original post by jj.o

congratulations :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by jj.o

KCL, York, Bath, Nottingham.
Original post by Oomn
Well Done!!
How long ago did you apply?

A couple of weeks ago maybe 3ish not sure the exact date xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending