The Student Room Group

BTEC Exams 2022 Cancelled?

I am doing the BTEC extended diploma in IT and would like to know if they will cancel my exams due to the pandemic. I have two exams taking place currently in January unit 11 - cyber security and unit 14 IT service delivery

Do you guys think exams will be cancelled in January and that we do teacher assessed grades instead?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Armaan247
I am doing the BTEC extended diploma in IT and would like to know if they will cancel my exams due to the pandemic. I have two exams taking place currently in January unit 11 - cyber security and unit 14 IT service delivery

Do you guys think exams will be cancelled in January and that we do teacher assessed grades instead?

At the moment all exams are planned to go ahead. In the 'slim chance' they are cancelled perhaps due to another national lockdown, then teacher grades may be used. Teachers will set a mock exam to determine this, so you should continue revising as normal.
Original post by bamtutor
At the moment all exams are planned to go ahead. In the 'slim chance' they are cancelled perhaps due to another national lockdown, then teacher grades may be used. Teachers will set a mock exam to determine this, so you should continue revising as normal.

Thank you for letting me know about the situation and advise to carry on revising I will stick to that incase exams resume
Original post by 794Larissa
I think my exam is being cancelled in January I’m with pearson

Who told you this and which subject? At the moment, all Pearson exams are still planned to go ahead as normal.
@794Larissa If you are a second year student and were suposed to have sat the exam last year, then a UTAG will be given. If you are unhappy with the grade then you can resit this coming January. If however, you are supposed to be sitting the exam this year for the first time, then UTAGs will not be given and the exams are going ahead as normal. IF, due to recent Covid changes, there is a lockdown and/ or learners are isolating and miss the exams, then a Contingency plan will be followed by Ofqual / Pearson (it has not yet been announced as to what this will be, but likely some sort of UTAG).
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending